Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearwater Filtration Water Cooler

Options
  • 12-04-2007 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

We purchased water filtration system called Clearwater Filtration unit about two years ago. It worked very well but now we need replacement filters and cannot find a supplier.

Any one got similar unit

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 mickthemod

Just a quick question, freinds of ours were aproached about a similar system. The filtration company came out to the house and tested a glass full of water from the tap by inserting a two pronged device into it, this caused the water to turn brown and scummy. The company advised these people that the water contained many impurities and was basically a risk to drink. Despite the obvious minerals Iron, Manganese, lime etc, it was suggested that there may be traces of phosphates and even e-coli.
    The couple were panicked into purchasing an almost 2k filtration system. Now i dont belive these things can be detected in a home test. Fortunately, that night they thought about there decision and also sent a two samples under guidance from an independant testing laboatory, one sample sent to the UK, to discover there water was perfectly fit for consumption with only trace elements as expected.
    My impression is there is a hard sell going on working on peoples fears. Worse still,when the couple cancelled the order, the verbal backlash also included that they may be allowing themseves open to a risk of cancer.

Has anybody else such an experience, or had there water independantly tested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

Hello

No in this case we seen it at in use at an office and bought one from a reseller. It turned out to be a good unit, it cooled and filtered the water, but now we are in need of new filters. We cannot locate a supplier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sineadmur81

think i may have the same unit as yourself. trying for months to get filter. mobile turned off constantly. have you had any joy since?????

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭louis346789

think i may have the same unit as yourself. trying for months to get filter. mobile turned off constantly. have you had any joy since?????
    Hi unfortunately no luck. this company is gone out of business.
    i still have the machine but no longer use it. no filters.

if you suceed in getting a source of filters please let me know. if i suceed i will let you know .

louis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

try www.gencon.ie many many filters, or send a photo of the connection for the filter jennifer@gencon.ie and i can tell if we can get anything to fit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

mickthemod wrote: »
    Just a quick question, freinds of ours were aproached about a similar system. The filtration company came out to the house and tested a glass full of water from the tap by inserting a two pronged device into it, this caused the water to turn brown and scummy. The company advised these people that the water contained many impurities and was basically a risk to drink. Despite the obvious minerals Iron, Manganese, lime etc, it was suggested that there may be traces of phosphates and even e-coli.
    The couple were panicked into purchasing an almost 2k filtration system. Now i dont belive these things can be detected in a home test. Fortunately, that night they thought about there decision and also sent a two samples under guidance from an independant testing laboatory, one sample sent to the UK, to discover there water was perfectly fit for consumption with only trace elements as expected.
    My impression is there is a hard sell going on working on peoples fears. Worse still,when the couple cancelled the order, the verbal backlash also included that they may be allowing themseves open to a risk of cancer.

Has anybody else such an experience, or had there water independantly tested ?

Sorry to post off topic but this is being pushed down peoples throats down here big time. Phone you up to do a water survey, tell you you're in a draw for vouchers for giving them youre time, you win the voucher a week or so later (but on condittion they can come and check your water )...BUT..your hubby must be there???? I smelled a rat instantly. People are being told the quality of their water is bad, when we have some of the best water around! definatley very pushy sales tactics and people should be aware of this.

Imo 2k for a water filter is madness. Friends being told other people have bought them, when in fact they havent, and every body is a winner in the draw till your partner can't be there. Very very suspect indeed.

Advertisement