Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Daewoo Lanos, opinions?

Options
  • 12-04-2007 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭

What sort of car is the Daewoo Lanos? A colleague is offering me a tidy(ish) one for a miserable sum and I am thinking of buying it for the sister.

I really don't care if it is crap to drive or looks like the back of a bus, just concerned if it has nasty inherent problems that are expensive to repair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Well i know two people that have them and they have never had any trouble with them. I mean Daewoo look very tinny and the feel very light and tinny on the road but as far as the engine goes, i hear they are fine. They are certainly not the worst car on the road by any means.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Lanos = basic generally reliable A to B transport. Does what it says on the tin, etc. Most parts are donated from GM models from the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

colm_mcm wrote:

Ahh sorry about that. Seems they are fair enough yokes. Might go for it.

maidhc wrote:
    Ahh sorry about that. Seems they are fair enough yokes. Might go for it.

not giving out! just wanted to save the same people making the same arguments!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The only trouble I've heard from them is the camshaft and the fuel pump, if anything they seem to be better built than Opel's. They're built by GM and have the same engine as the old Astra.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,280 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'd prefer a Chevrolet, tbh. :eek:

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote:
    I'd prefer a Chevrolet, tbh. :eek:

I hear they're set up very similarly to the old Daewoos for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

colm_mcm wrote:
    I hear they're set up very similarly to the old Daewoos for some reason

Ideally I'd like one of the first models of the Chevrolet with Daewoo hubcaps, they might have been a dealer fit extra, but you got the best of both worlds.

Advertisement