Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD/FTP related website question

Options
  • 12-04-2007 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

Lads

I sort out the website for Med Soc but the shortcut I had to the public.html folder is after disappearing. The site is based on the UCD servers, at ucd.ie/medsoc. I'm no whizkid, but I remember last time I set it up I put in an FTP address something like ftp//username : password something something,

Anyone have any idea?
    Cheers

PS ftp://medsoc : password@ucd.ie isn't working

PPS I know there isnt a space there but it's comes up as :pass.. otherwise!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

ftp://medsoc:password@clarion.ucd.ie/ should get you to your home folder, your public_html lives there. try using something like filezilla instead of windows explorer, and some home broadband connections play havoc with ftp because of the way it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Peadar I was hoping you'd be on!!! You're a ****ing genius, I owe you a pint! Cheers

PS I'll make a special effort to get to the Boards Beers just to do that, will you be there?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

don't think so - have a late lab that night of all things! aargh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

vivid yellow is not a nice colour btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭dahak

First of all sorry for dragging up and old tread.

I'm doing some editing of a club website.
    I can log in grand with ftp, but to be honest I really don't like sending passwords over clear text.
    I've tried logging in via ssh and sftp but for both it logs me in and disconnects me straight away.
    ssh [username]@193.1.172.59

Has anyone had success with ssh or sftp access or am I forced to use ftp.

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement