Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introduce yourself!

• 12-04-2007 11:16pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭

with all the bike talkin we do, im not sure if a know your biker thread has been started before so thought i would kick one off. If its popular maybe the mods could sticky it or something.

Anyway Im faceman living in dublin. I drive an 03 deauville, my pride and joy. I have oxford hot grips installed and an autocom. My first bike was a virago. Im bike over 6 years now and have never looked back. I do alot of long distance driving around ireland include the Whole Way Round trip last year which I have also pencilled in this year.

Im into tourers and like the look of cruisers. Never been a fan of sporty bikes. A friend of mine got me into bikes all those years ago. We were late for a gig so he picked me up on his virago. Even though i was brown trousers all the way, i wanted more!!!

Ive had 2 smashes over the year. Came off on the ice in first gear, fortunately no harm or damage. i also came off when another driver changed lane without looking and knocked me off. Wasnt pleasant.

Anyway thats me. What 'bout yizzer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Whazzup faceman? Coyote 6 here. I live in Indiana, USA and plan to move to Dublin in about a year (long story). I've been riding since 1983. My first bike was a 76 Honda 550 four. Since then I had a '73 BMW R75-5 and I currently ride a 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre (VT1100C2) w/ Vance and Hines Longshots and some other mods. I ride with a very loosely organized club (more fun that way) called "The Usual Suspects" MC. Members of our club ride Harleys and all sorts of metric bikes. We're planning a ride to Washington D.C. for "Rolling Thunder" in May. They expect over 100k bikers there. I look forward to riding in Ireland but don't look forward to the graduated license deal. I will look like a gorilla on a mini-bike riding a little 250 or whatever. Keep your knuckles in the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Madrab here, living in dublin. Been on bikes for 6 years & had a few spills but nothing major (only 1 bike wrote off)
    1st bike 2001 Suzuki GN125 (brand new) called "Raine", great little learner bike. Came off her when an american tourist ran out in front of me near grafton st. wasnt hurt & only broke an indicator
    2nd bike 1989 Hond Bros 400 called "Matt'n'Luke", loved that bike. Came off her when a taxi jammed on infront of me & i wasnt able to get clear in time, no damage apart from braking one of his lights, which i paid to fix
    3rd bike 1996 Honda Transalp 600 called "Alf", it was a good bike mechanically but it didnt do anything for me so i got rid of it after 6 months.
    4th bike 1996 Honda Africa Twin called "Toto" - RIP. Now that was a bike, massive torque & real fun to drive. 2 spills of that involving 2 female drivers (not a slight against female drivers im just saying) in small cars not looking when they turn. First one no damage done but the bike went down in the wet so it slid, second one killed toto (there is thread on that somewhere in here)
    5th bike 1996 (a good year for bikes) Yamaha Royal Star called "Katie" monster of a machine but im only starting on this one so it will chage appearance soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Conor_1978

Hey guys, I'm Conor, 28yr old, used to live in Maynooth in Kildare till 2004 moved to Cork, been biking for 4 years, Started on a Dragstar 125, then a CBR250RR, now a Dragstar 650 classic, only ever had one stretcher to hospital spill, a fool in a car pulled out in front of me. Never injured worse than a few weeks of crutches (touch wood).

Live in Cork now, in Midleton and love it, heaven for bikes. Nothing better on a hot sunny day than to spin down along the coast to Youghal or Kinsale.

Hoping (depending on cashflow) to trade in my Dragstar for a Deauville this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Ello all, I'm Ciarán, Started biking nearly 5 years ago. I started off on a Virago 125. Called it Lucy after my first run in. I knocked into the back of a CBR250 and had the ring of the exhaust go between shin and boot armor. Luckily for me the rider of said bike was a friend from school. His nick name was Lucy. I dropped that bike a total of 3 times. Once in Ice, while taking a right turn. very slow and no real damage other than a few scraps on the right air intake cover. The second was in light misty rain going to Liffy vally. Then finally the last one was a write off. I had also just finished paying for the bike loan that morning. So I was well pi$$ed lol

A month later I couldn't live with out a bike. So I got a Dragstar 250. I loved that bike to bits. Called her Mary Jane Rotten crotch :eek: Had that bike for 2 and a bit years. Never dropped her or even scratched her... well I did turn it to hard one day and scraped the bottom exhaust. So I replaced them with a set of fat pipes from highway hawk. An insane sound out of a 250. She also had a sissy bar and a very nice set of leather pannier bags.

Just over a year ago, I traded in the Dragstar for a Ducati Monster 620ie. I have a few long term plans for this bike. I have a set of Termi's on her, a K&N air filter, Power commander III USB with custom fuel map. In the next year or so, I want to get an Oil rad and then get the cylinder upgrade kit to bring it up to a 750cc bike. (sadly as you need to replace the ECU, it costs a little over a grand for the kit) I'll also need a new fuel map then too.

I'm not sure what I will get next, but I will be keeping the Monster for daily usage. I was thinking a Varadero 1000 for the long rides, or a 999/1098 in a few years time when I can get the guts of 22k together :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

From Cork, 28 years old, love sports bikes, and touring/off road bikes. Hate cruisers/choppers with a passion. Only had 1 spilll so far in that time.

Had 2 Suzuki CP80 mopeds, an Aprilia Rs125 for 2 months, then a CBR600 for 8 months, then 3 Blackbirds in Succession, then an R1150GS, then an R1200GS, then an R1150RT, and now I'm on a Ducati 916, with another Moped for piddling about on. The Duke has 50mm Termis, an open clutch, lots of carbon, and a race ECU, and a cherished number plate '999'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Most of my riding is in the UK.

I am 34 and I started riding last November on a zzr600. I got a new BMW R1200GS Adventure on the first of March and I love it. It is the bike I wanted and have no desire for anything else.

I am doing the whole way round this year and did my 1st European trip over the Easter weekend.

My only regret is not getting into bikes earlier.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

I was 35 on this day last month...sigh....been biking for 13 years, or thereabouts.

So far, I've had:

Aprilia Pegaso 125 (Lovely machine, but slightly dodgy electrics) - Sold On.

Yamaha TDR 125 (Nice, but nowhere near as strong as the Aprilia) - Stolen and destroyed in the process.

BMW F650 - Stolen and destroyed in the process (only had it for 3 months and it was the first of its kind to be stolen in Ireland!).

Suzuki Bandit 600 (One of my favourite bikes. Nice power, and very well balanced) - Traded for the TL below.

Suzuki TL1000R (Homicidal death machine. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough) - Traded for VFR below.

Honda VFR 800 (Superb bike in every technical way, but looked a bit dull) - traded for Varadero below.

Honda Varadero XL1000V (****heap) - Ramped it off Dun Laoghaire pier and never looked back (kidding....about the ramping. It *was* a ****heap, though).

Aprilia SL1000 Falco (My favourite bike by a mile. Destroyed by a cretin who drove over it when it was parked up) - Replaced by Mille R below.

Aprilia RSV1000 Mille R (Fantastic machine but, being a single-seat racer, it wasn't practical for things like girls and shopping and girls) - traded for GS #1 below.

BMW R1150GS X 2 (Mediocre rusty German tractors) - Crashed first one, writing it off (bloody useless crashbars), and traded what was left for another GS in a moment of insanity.

Honda VFR 800 (Superb bike in every technical way, and looks far far better than the first one) - Still have it! Man, what's up with the secondhand market?

Aprilia Capo Nord (Superb bike! Looks great, excellent performance, handles like it shouldn't. Gets the much sought-after Garibaldi kudos for being an Italian V-Twin) - My current love affair.

(Hmm....it just occurred to me, 13 bikes in 13 years, and it's Friday the 13th - methinks I'll be taking extra care through the Mad Cow this evening :D )

I've done three European tours (one on the Bandit, one on the first VFR, and one on the Falco) taking in Wales, Eng-er-land, France, Andorra, Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, and Sweden.

Had three crashes, no major damage to me though (thank God!...and Arai Helmets, Clover armoured jackets, RevIt leathers, Dainese boots, and Held gloves).

I'm gagging for another tour, so if anyone has about €4000 they don't know what to do with, hand it over and I'll show you. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Frank here, I am riding since 1980. Nearly all my bikes were British until quite recently. I couldn’t keep up with the lads from the club travelling to Rally’s so I finally got converted to Jap, I must admit that they are a wee bit quicker. I am a current member of the Banner MCC Co Clare. I moved back to Dublin in the last few years..

Past bikes moved on .
    Yamaha Fizzy 50cc (First bike I ever got it in exchange for a flick knife
    Yamaha Yb 80 Got it two weeks later because it was faster)
    Triumph Tiger Cub 1962 (Went through three of these bikes)
    BSA M20 (Side Valve Ex WW2 despatch bike, most indestructible bike ever built)
    Triumph Trw 500 Side valve. Ex army bike and not a patch on the M20s
    Ariel 350 Red Hunter. Triumph 350 3TA.
    Triumph Thunderbird 650,
    Ducati 250 Singles (unreliable 1986)
    Ducati 860 (900) 1975. Still one of the better looking dukes but unreliable.
    BSA A65 Thunderbolt 650cc, (Oil in frame)
    Triumph Bonneville 650 chopper (Oil in frame)

Recent Jap bikes moved on.
    Suzuki Gsx 750F (first taste of a Jap multi 1999)
    Suzuki Gsxr 1100R (Bad choice, no good for handling 2001)
    Honda Fire blade RRV (Points system came in, had to move it)
    Yamaha SRX 400
    Yamaha SRX 600 (Nearest thing to Brit bike).

Current bikes
    GSXR 750 Slingshot. 1988 Fast enough and classic insurance !!.
    Honda Bros. (Best courier bike ever made).
    BSA M20 1939 500cc SV. single WW2.

What was the sidevalve like to drive?

madrab wrote:
    What was the sidevalve like to drive?

Very crude!!!, no suspension but it holds the road well as long as theres no pot holes!!, I would consider it 3rd class motoring and with the chair its worse!! Im hoping to have it back on the road next month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

howyis,
    im riding bikes for just over 4 years.
    1st bike was a 125 virago which still lives in my previous house as no one would ever buy it from me
    2nd was a honda bros which blew up after about 10k
    3rd and current is a bandit 600, which is blue.
    it was stolen from me while i slept on the 6th of february.
    it was recovered a few hours later and after 2 weeks of repairs was returned to me.

it cost me a packet to fix but we have a special bond now :)
    i have never crashed a bike, beside falling off my virago 10 minutes after i got it...

cool :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

How do, Dave here, sum of ye know me, many of ye prob dont.

Currently im spinning about on my Dragstar, however i will be parting ways now with her at the end of the month :(

she is being replaced with a 2001 SV650s :)

I've had 2 spills, none to serious however. i cant think of any thing else to say now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

I'm Conor and I'm an alcoholic. :D
    Riding bikes for the last 3 years. First bike was a CB650 that never ran right, flogged that off and bought a Virago 535, grand bike, but a bit small for me.
    Riding a XV750 at the minute, until I can afford a Honda Valkyrie Rune http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/748370/ (I'll have the virago a long time I think).
    Doing the whole way round this year so that should be a bit of crack - there seems to be 4-6 boards bikers doing it as well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

BigCon wrote:
    Doing the whole way round this year so that should be a bit of crack - there seems to be 4-6 boards bikers doing it as well...

Me too. I am very excited, can't wait.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

24, dublin, riding about 4-5 months, on a cbr125r

still learnin the ropes, dont consider myself a biker yet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Gary, 35, Dublin, 8th year of biking, a couple of points, (some more have already expired). Would've been biking longer, but could never afford one.. Always wanted a bike since the first time I was sat on the back of a Goldwing and taken around the car-park for a spin, when I was a mere chiseler.

Nearly bought a Vespa when I was 18, but it didn't work out. Would still like one..

Bikes:
    CBR250R - Had it 5 months and ended in tears. Written off in single vehicle accident.. :o
    Suzuki RF400 - Great looking bike, not a great riding bike. Very heavy for the size of engine. Prone to over-heating and pissing out coolant.
    Suzuki SV650S - Loved this bike to bits, might still get another one some time. The start of my love affair with twins :D .
    Suzuki SV1000S - Big brother of the aforementioned. Great bike, but just didn't really do it for me. Found long distances very uncomfortable (wrists/back). Kept for two years.
    BMW GS12 - Could this be love? The first bike I've kept for longer than 2 years, and I have no great urge to change it now.. It's fast enough, carries a load of luggage, the Mrs likes it (very important!) and now the loan is paid off on it, it's mine.. Can see myself keeping it for at least another couple of years...

Might buy an old sv650s at some stage too (when the insurance on the second bike becomes more affordable)... They're alot of bike for the money, and the noise... Great...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

I started on a RD125 about 17 years ago now. Couriered on it for a bit, drove it up and down to Limerick when I'd a girlfriend there, terrorised traffic in Dublin and basically drove like a ****ing lunatic anywhere and everywhere, all the time. Fortunately, one weekend it was stolen - I say fortunately as otherwise I'm convinced I would have killed myself, or done some serious injury otherwise. Though only actually came off it once, going a bit too quickly around a corner and giving the back brake a panicked quick stab... that'll learn me ...

After getting it stolen I stayed off bikes for a few years, grew up a bit and then got a very nice jap import, GB250. Lovely bike, kind of "cafe racer" stylings, did a lot of mileage on that but eventually out grew it.

Then went for another sensible option, a CB500S. Got side boxes and went everywhere in that for several years then. Very steady, reliable, toally boring really and a bit too small for my frame.

So then got a Triumph Thunderbird Sport. Loved that. Bright Orange. Top heavy. You'd go to lean into a corner and suddenly feel the ground rushing up at you! But with great torque and generally good power, it required a certain adaptation of driving style and then it was fine. Very racy, loads of speed - you could drift it up to the ton on motorways with ease. Only reason I sold it was, again, being a bit tall , it felt too small.

Now on a Triumph Tiger which I also love. Fits perfectly this time! Good power, good spec, practical but powerful, nimble in traffic yet sturdy. Passenger comfort is also good. Haven't gotten out as much on it as previous bikes yet (though Krusty above gave me an interesting link to the Bike "Photo Rally" which is a great idea for providing incentives to go places so hopefully that will soon change). Can see me holding on to this one for several years to come.

Ridden a few other bikes but nothing stands out. Though with my long legs I did look like a complete comedy act once on a Suzuki Maurader 250 ... never sat on another "Cruiser" style bike since. Only ever had one accident fortunately (apart from dumping myself on my arse as previously mentioned) and that was a car deciding abruptly to a U-turn whilst I was on it's outside about to overtake ... I managed to swerve and avoid him but then locked the front brake and clipped the path on the far side of the road. Learned just how great helmets are (even ones without an Arai logo!) when you smack you head off a kerb that way. Otherwise I've been fortunate really though this winter, and the rough weather, brought more touchy moments than I've had in a long time.

If I was to get another bike now, be a toss between maybe a PAN and a GS1200 I guess, though I think I'd miss how dexterous the Tiger is ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭gipi

Hi everyone,

I've a very short biking history, and it doesn't sound half as exciting or extensive as some of the earlier posters, but here goes nothing....

Over 40 (let's leave it at that, shall we!!), living in Drogheda, and a born-again biker. First biked as a "young wan" in the early 80s, my pride and joy was a Kawasaki KC100 which I drove daily in Dublin. Sadly Kwac and I came to a sad parting after 18 months when we were involved in a crash - I was slightly injured, kwac written off.......

After some recouperation of mind and body, I downsized to the famous red/white honda 50cc!
    From there I graduated to 4 wheels, and didn't get back to bikes for 20 years until 2006 when I had my very own mid-life crisis and bought a 250cc Marauder. Unlike Art who said he looked like a comedy act on one, I'm rather short in the leg so the marauder fits me perfectly!

Don't know if I'll graduate to bigger bikes, it's those short legs, you see....sat on a friends Honda CX500 and couldn't reach the ground or the pedals comfortably!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

gipi wrote:
    Don't know if I'll graduate to bigger bikes, it's those short legs, you see....sat on a friends Honda CX500 and couldn't reach the ground or the pedals comfortably!

c'mon, you know you want to! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭jellikit

Hi everyone, the names Jim. Im 36 (borderline 37!) and ive been riding bikes for the last 20 years. My first bike was a honda CB250RS which was a total piece of **** but I still managed to cover every rally in the country before it finally blew up! Since then ive gone through about 16 bikes, the most memorable being a matt black katana 650 with which i managed to prove that it is possible to cut a car in half if you hit it hard enough in the right spot! I sold my vmax last year and bought a harley street bob. Yeah , i know what ye're thinkin but Im slowing down in my old age and I need to think of comfort rather than speed. A big plus was my insurance was halved.

My name is Barry, been riding on and off for 5 years mosly from kildare to dublin and back. I've only had one bad fall where I went up in the air and landed on a kerb and the TDR fell on me. Apart from that I've had a few car drivers bump my back wheel when I had the audacity to "stop" at a stop sign.

Had a scoot and three bikes so far. I had no interest in bikes and then I got a little 50cc Honda X8R-S, and I got bitten by the bug. A few months later I spent €4k on my first proper bike, a Yamaha TDR125 - I loved that bike and it is still my favourite in a way.

I rode it for almost 2 years and it served me well. Had to sell up when I decided I needed to go back to college so I had to sell her in first year. I didn't get back biking until last summer when I got my hands on a yellow Bros.

I wanted to get back biking so bad I just bought it. As it turned out I had to fix it up a fair bit to the point where I couldn't really afford the bike anymore, especially because my punto had just blown all three sections of its exhaust (manifold is still f*cked). I had to sell it and get some money back.

Fellow boardsie K-Tric came out to have a look at it and pointed out problems which further broke my heart. The guy in arklow must have been laughing when he sold me the bike. I decided at the time that I couldn't sell it in all honesty and that I would have to get value of it myself.

About 2-3 weeks after that I noticed I had an unwelcome growth on my arm. One doc said it was melanoma and the dermatologist said it was 50-50 but it had to come out anyway. It was quite large and in a spot that made moving my arm difficult after the op. (stitches were across my arm). After this I decided that the Bros had to go so I ended up selling it here for €700 and that was after buying it for ~1600 and putting about 400 quid into it.

Things are a good bit brighter now though and I'll be out of college in a few weeks and I have work lined up. This prompted me to go for the transalp 650 that was on adverts a while back. The trailie style is the style for me, reminds me of my TDR but it'll never have the same spot in my heart as that bike. Have only done about 200 miles so far. The transalp is a dream to run and hasn't given me any bother at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Hallo dere, I'n d'interceptor (named after de american version of de Honda VF500 FII) I been drivin bikes since I got a spin on a PW50 when I was 11 and den I bougt a DT80 when I was 18. I've had RD350, RGV250, CBR250, DT175, I'n 40 dis year an I bought a '02 CBR600 mid-life-crisis mobile to celebrate and the helmet means noone can see me baldy patch. So far the ony time I fell offa bike was drunk on a 90degree right hand bend, hanging off a DT80 with a scrambler front tyre and a roadbike rear. My knee is ok now but it was gammy for the summer. Ah 1987, they don't make 'em like that anymore - remember kids, don't drink and drive etc.

'cptr

PS Anyone else in Co. Galway fed up of going for spins on your own and fancy meeting for coffee and sh1te-talk over bikes on a SUnday morning after a quick spin to Killaloe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Good to get some background on everyone. What do you guys think of trying to organise regular outings?

faceman wrote:
    Good to get some background on everyone. What do you guys think of trying to organise regular outings?

Boards.ie MCC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Macnab here, I am 38 and I have been biking for 22 years (feels like a confession). My mother had a Honda 50 and used to carry me and the 2 brothers about on it so technically I have been a biker for 34 years. Here is a list of the bikes I have owned.
    ’71 Honda P50 moped (Crashed, still have it)
    ’73 Suzuki GT250 (Project, sold)
    ’80 Honda 50 (still have it)
    ’77 Honda 50 (traded in)
    ’85 Yamaha RD80DX (Traded in)
    ‘86 Honda CG125 (Stolen)
    ’83 Kawasaki KH125 (Project, sold)
    ’82 Kawasaki z250LTD (Blown engine, sold)
    ’84 Kawasaki GPz305 (Seized, sold)
    ’85 Suzuki GP100 (Scrapped)
    ‘86 Kawasaki AR125 (Sold)
    ’76 Honda C50 (Sold)
    ’76 Honda CB400-4 (swapped for set of golf clubs)
    ’89 Suzuki GSXR750J (Wrote it off, sold)
    ’87 Kawasaki GPZ500s (Sold)
    ’90 GSXR400R (Sold)
    ’92 Ducati 851 (Crashed, sold on)
    ’85 Suzuki RG500 Gamma (Project, sold)
    ’87 Kawasaki GPX750 (Project, sold)
    ’86 RD350YPVS (Big end went, fixed it & sold)
    ’87 Honda CBR600 (sold)
    ’94 Honda CBR600 (Stolen)
    ’91 Kawasaki KMX125 (Project, still have it)
    ’01 Yamaha R6 (Traded in)
    ’04 BMW F650GS (Current)

I am thinking of changing my bike at the minute but don’t know what I would like to buy next. I am thinking along the lines of a second hand BMW R1150R or Suzuki GSX1400, or a new Suzuki GSF600 or Honda CBF600.

macnab wrote:
    Here is a list of the bikes I have owned...

thats about a zillion more than ive ever owned!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mjedl

Mike,38,born again i suppose, last one i rode was a honda 50 belonging to a coz. of mine in the 80's.Driving a dragstar 250cc, currently for sale as i am hoping to upgrade.That's some list of bikes Macnab and some history with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 garveyp

Im Peadar from Clare

Started with a C50 in 1975 and was hooked ever since. I got married, divorced :) and more bikes...

So my little list

C50 sold
    CB125 sold
    CD175 scrapped
    YR5 sold
    XT500 sold
    GL1000 sold
    Dt175 sold
    CB750K4 sold

Sail along for nearly twenty years and started all over again
    YAS1 by 2! sold
    Fizzy sold

Started buying and now have

1963 BSA B40 own
    1972 YR5 own
    1976 RD400 own
    1977 CD 175 own
    1980 Z650 own
    1990 YPVS own
    1993 KX80 own
    2006 VFR own

All immaculate....... :-)

and i want.....soon real soon

RD400E
    XT500
    KH250
    GT750

So im still hunting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

My name is KTRIC and I'm an alcoh...... :rolleyes:

I've been biking since I'm 21, nearly 9 years now (getting old) :(

Suzuki Marauder GZ125 (crashed)
    Yamaha TDR 125 (had this for 2 weeks then the engine locked)
    1978 Suzuki GS550E (owned for 2 years never hit the road)
    1978 Kawasaki KZ400 (passed my test on this and sold it)
    Suzuki GSF1100 (Junk)
    Kawasaki W650 (best bike in the world)
    Kawasaki VN1600 Classic (current)

Have plans for some sort of sports tourer for the Summer.

Advertisement