Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Introduce yourself!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KTRIC wrote: »
    My name is KTRIC and I'm an alcoh...... :rolleyes:

I've been biking since I'm 21, nearly 9 years now (getting old) :(

Suzuki Marauder GZ125 (crashed)
    Yamaha TDR 125 (had this for 2 weeks then the engine locked)
    1978 Suzuki GS550E (owned for 2 years never hit the road)
    1978 Kawasaki KZ400 (passed my test on this and sold it)
    Suzuki GSF1100 (Junk)
    Kawasaki W650 (best bike in the world)
    Kawasaki VN1600 Classic (current)

Have plans for some sort of sports tourer for the Summer.
    Oh my God you're so old!! :eek: :P

Why don't you give Honda a go KTRIC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Oh my God you're so old!! :eek: :P

Why don't you give Honda a go KTRIC?

I know , I know, getting grey and all now.

Who's this Honda, never heard of them. Not Chinese are they ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I know , I know, getting grey and all now.

Who's this Honda, never heard of them. Not Chinese are they ??
    Honda are a small crowd whjo only joined the motorcycle scene recently. They're no very well known but they make some pretty decent machines! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

And Jon here,
    First bike back in 00 was a Honda Super 4. Loved that thing although I grew out of it pretty quickly. Went on to a CBR 600, bein a big enough lad I felt it was a bit too small under me, but man could that thing move. Sold that to get a 93 Fire Blade. Pure animal of a yoke, just raw power. Took the fairin' off it and stuck a set of renthals on it and loved it. Toned it down a tad, in 2004 and got a Triumph Trophy 900. A beautiful cruiser, comfy as Fcuk and reliable. Sold it in 2006 as money was tight. Looking to buy it back at the moment as a mate bought it. Fingers crossed.

Only had one fall, a lad on a Honda 50 came off the path at 90 degrees out side mount joy motors and straight into my path. Wasn't too badly injured, lost me left boot though!!

Thats me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

My name is KTRIC and I'm an alcoh......

Kawasaki W650 (best bike in the world)

That was the best looking bike posted here IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

My own name is Nevin.

I'm still on a learner permit riding my first bike, a Honda Innova 125.

I actually began riding on a C50 out the big dis-used tarmac tennis courts and then in my Nan's backyard on my Dad's C90.

My Dad then bought the Innova but stopped using it when he bought small van and it was lying idle for 2 years until I finally got the money together to go and get it started again and get insurance.

I love it, but would dearly love a fully manual bike with more power. A Dragstar 250 or 650 or maybe a Deauville would be lovely if anyone has one going for free hahah!

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭n.catenthusiast

Hi there,

My name is Donagh.

I'm very new at this-just got my first bike about 2 months ago, and enjoying every aspect of it!

My interest was in bikes started about a year and a half ago, when I was in Australia-there's a town on the east coast, and this old South African guy has a fleet of what he calls 'Scooteroos'.
    haven't a clue what they were exactly, but they were very much in the cruiser style, with no gears, so presumably a pretty small engine anyways.

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and resolved to get a bike when I got home. I wasn't in a position to buy a bike until recently, but I'd started the whole licence, training etc process over a year ago at this stage.

I'm riding a Kawasaki ER5, (restricted of course!) and so far so good (apart from some kids kicking it over a week after I'd picked her up-right indicator & mirror ruined, plus scratching on the exhaust !:( heartbreaking...)

Notwithstanding that (damn pesky kids!) all is well-can't wait for the weather to improve over the next few months so I can clock up a few miles outside of the daily commute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Names Simon,
    started "biking" in Feb of last year. Started on and still have a Gillera Runner 50cc. Insurance is up in Feb and the difference turning 22 and having a years NCB is having on insurance is unreal. Paid €750ish last year, will be €320 or so this year and I'm getting some nice quotes on bigger bikes 600cc Bandit (restricted), Hornet 250 etc all around €500 so hopefully will be upgrading come Feb.
    Still on the learner permit but have applied for the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 derek finn

Hi, im thinking of buying a cd175 1968-1977, how much do you think i should pay for one in perfect nik, cant wait to get back on the road after been without a bike for 14 years,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

id say that be fairly pricy derek. Deadly bikes though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dotzy

hey all...well im dan...only 16 but got my 1st bike this year...tis a gilera DNA50...grand lil bike so it is...sellin it if your interested btw???
    always followed bikin as my dad has a CBR600F and a CBX750
    so im kinda hooked on bikes and lookin to move up to a 125cc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 garveyp

derek finn wrote: »
    Hi, im thinking of buying a cd175 1968-1977, how much do you think i should pay for one in perfect nik, cant wait to get back on the road after been without a bike for 14 years,

Hi Derek,
    You will pay circa £500 for a tidy but unrestored one, they often come up on e bay. I had several, sold one or two, gave one to my dad and have one to build in the shed - frame and all parts coated. A spotless restored bike will set you back €1000 to €1500 depending on how hard up the seller is. Go get a clean original one and do a little work on it. David silver has most of the spares and there is heaps available online. They are so easy to do and the buzz is super.
    Regards
    Peadar

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

you new guys should stick up some pictures of your bikes :cool: click

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Good thread OP!

I'm Colly, 29, live in Dublin. More of a newcomer to bikes than most been about 2 years now. Started off with a Honda CBR125 but very soon after got a 2005 Ducati Monster 620 which I'm still on and still love to bits. Next year I'll think about a CBR600RR or a Ducati 848 I think..

As soon as I got my first bike I use it almost every day to work, and I was out on a trip somewhere around the country almost every single weekend. Been a bit busy/lazy lately but want to get back into it when I have more time.. Never had a crash (touch wood) hope to kepp my sensible hat on, but I do love to give it socks when I can ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Para1

Hi all,
    Shay here, 25 and driving bikes for about 2 years. Started off on a 93 yamaha fzr 250r , i loved that bike but it started to give trouble and about 600 euros its sitting in my garage gathering dust:rolleyes:
    I upgraded to a 07 Kawasaki ER6N this year and cant get enough of it!!
    Looking forward to doing route 66 next year on a harley Fat Boy, if work allows me!

Advertisement