Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms

Options

Comments

It's too late for anything substantial I'd say.
    Showers might just have reached the energy levels required for a storm when they have to plain give up and die out.

Now if this had of been happening at 2pm or 3pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Only positive is that inland areas are much warmer than the coastal areas still and seems as if the cape is been tapped into now and starting to produce.LI is still perfect for Dublin anyway so this all could potentialy ignite.

Id agree earlier would be best but these days are long now and lots of time left.Just started to rain here with large rain drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Kept an eye out at school but didn't see anything much, things only seemed to be getting going as i was coming home on the dart those pictures in Belfast are quite amazing
    rc28 wrote:
    Excellent:D
    BTW can anyone tell me why this site suddenly requires a password?:
    http://www.meteo.fr/special/PI/OPIC_MF/France/index.htm
    As usual one of the best servies has gone private again, it was public and went private before and now it's happened again:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Quite a dark heavy shower to my SE now and big fat drops falling here. Cloud tops have gotten pretty high now. They dont appear to be moving that fast so this shower near me seems to have just developed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Ive got a threathening sky to my west. Nice and dark.

• Advertisement

Possible cells developing southwest of Dublin?

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

I'll go out up the fields to see if I can see them dm and if I get any good pics, i'll post them. Feels quite humid.

There going to hit us dead on.No sferics from them yet but all i see is towering cumulus but are pretty high.Temp here at 22c and be warmer inland.Lots of convection about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Orangey hue off them alright. Just SW of SW Dublin (roundabout way of saying north Kildare :) )

Winds here are at to going into a SE direction adding some wind convergence.Black dark now to my west.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Definate storm building to my west, gone flat calm, could swear i could hear the thunder from the clouds, its soooooo quiet and flat and humid.

Hopefully this will come towards looks like its tracking bang on as Snowbie says, it must have waited until i finished Biology to start forming!!

Only 1 more to go :D

Definatley a thundery looking sky atm.

Hopefully this will come towards looks like its tracking bang on as Snowbie says, it must have waited until i finished Biology to start forming!!

Only 1 more to go :D
    Just in time for your physics exam.Look outside and study for it:D

Very humid and heavy and those clouds still maturing.No rain yet.

Latest radar shows a lax pace of development. Might give a rumble or two though.

The IOW detector has picked up an sferic from more than likely that cluster ye are looking at.
    It appears further west that that but the IOW one is so far away that it would be out a bit on the location but accurate on the sferics existance.
    Looking at the radar,it's a definite curl of heavy precipitation so ye should be in luck.
    Enjoy.

Here fine and dry-not expecting anything.

I see a red in there

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Always a good sign:D

VERY heavy rain now - with some hail - no thunder

Rain and a few rumbles

I dont hear anything at all:confused:

I went up the fields and got soaked! It just started lashing out of a benign sky overhead but to my east there are very dark clouds, they have grown massively in size. Couldn't get any decent pics of cb's to the south of me though- too much mess from the showers in the way. Sun is shining now but still raining here (i'm just on the western edge of the dark clouds to my east)

Also, i didn't hear any thunder at all, although I was just concentrating on not getting my camera wet.

• Advertisement

Nothing detected at all,sky still threatening.

rc28 wrote:
    I went up the fields and got soaked! It just started lashing out of a benign sky overhead but to my east there are very dark clouds, they have grown massively in size. Couldn't get any decent pics of cb's to the south of me though- too much mess from the showers in the way. Sun is shining now but still raining here (i'm just on the western edge of the dark clouds to my east)

Also, i didn't hear any thunder at all, although I was just concentrating on not getting my camera wet.
    Your parents must think you're mad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

Severe thunderstorms here, and flash flooding [Omagh, Tyrone]. One street was flooded so much cars became submerged. On my own street, water went up right to the front doors, but luckily it's now fallen. It also started to come UP toilets and sinks, but thankfully [VERY thankfully - there was probably bits of sewage in it] it's back to normal now. Still very heavy, humid and sticky though - I don't think it's over yet. Apparently, some stores and schools are completely flooded, and one school's roof even collapsed the rain was so heavy.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/belfast-shopping-area-swamped-as-floods-hit-north-700777.html

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=82896&pt=n

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6745285.stm

lol the 'rumbles' must be localised over Weatherchecks house because I havnt heard or seen anything;) :D I think it might be clearing up again.

Sulmac wrote:
    Severe thunderstorms here, and flash flooding [Omagh, Tyrone]. One street was flooded so much cars became submerged. On my own street, water went up right to the front doors, but luckily it's now fallen. It also started to come UP toilets and sinks, but thankfully [VERY thankfully - there was probably bits of sewage in it] it's back to normal now. Still very heavy, humid and sticky though - I don't think it's over yet. Apparently, some stores and schools are completely flooded, and one school's roof even collapsed the rain was so heavy.

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/belfast-shopping-area-swamped-as-floods-hit-north-700777.html

http://u.tv/newsroom/indepth.asp?id=82896&pt=n

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6745285.stm
    :eek:
    There's some crazy wether up north today!

Actually ive a very heavy section coming over me now. If this is not thunder and lightning id be very supprised!

Seems to be side swiping me atm.Forcefield still working here:D
    A few downdrafts though still ahead of that shower.Still no rain

Tristrame wrote:
    Your parents must think you're mad :D
    Yup:D
    Anyway, just to give you an idea of what the sky's looking like on this side of those showers over dublin, here are a few more crappy pics of the sky:
    P1000834 (Large).JPG<to my south
    P1000843 (Large).JPG<to my west
    P1000845 (Large).JPG
    P1000849 (Large).JPG<to my east-the showers over dublin
    P1000851 (Large).JPG<raining while sun shining
    They're all taken on lowest possible pixel size for quick upload(crappy 1mb bb)

Still dont hear or see anything. Your not missing much!

• Advertisement

rc28 wrote:
    Yup:D
    Anyway, just to give you an idea of what the sky's looking like on this side of those showers over dublin, here are a few more crappy pics of the sky:
    P1000834 (Large).JPG<to my south
    P1000843 (Large).JPG<to my west
    P1000845 (Large).JPG
    P1000849 (Large).JPG<to my east-the showers over dublin
    P1000851 (Large).JPG
    Great pics. Thanks!:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement