Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CM Punk Heel Turn

• 13-04-2007 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

The point of a heel turn is to shock the fans. Usually a long established face is turned heel and its a surprise.

But with Punk he was barely a face before he turned. He was also gaining momentum as a face. Not enough people cared about him yet to warrant any kind of turn.

That is some dumb booking makes no sense at all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't really mind too much. It had to happen at some stage. Punk is a born heel. He's got limits when he's a face, but as a heel he's one of the best ever in my opinion

There's always the possibility that they'll swerve us, which is what a lot of people seem to be speculating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Too soon though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

CM Punk has made the right move. Although he does not need to be in a gang as he is strong enough to be on his own, so i don't understand why he is joining a gang. But maybe he will side with them more so, rather than become a full new breed member and that would make more sense.

But if giving a choice, the new breed is the best side to join as it would have been silly for punk to join the old farts. i would not really call rvd old, but he seems to want to be old.

ECW is good now and that is because of burke and the new breed. The old ecw is dead and burke and co will bring us a new ecw.

Snitsky looks like he will become the next ecw champion, i wonder will he run into the new breed or old breed at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 zarks420

He should do a heel turn against the WWE for making him change his style of wrestling to fit their persona. They I feel have been holding him back from what he is truly capable of doing (look at WM23 the only one who didn't use his finisher). What the hell happen to the Pepsi Plunge, is Triple H threatened by this awesome finishing move?!!! Punk is the man to dethrone Triple H and Shawn Michaels reign in the WWE. Second City Saints vs DX TLC match would be a classic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

It makes perfect sense as it fits his gimmick and personality perfectly. Im sure he will be out there next week talking about how the beer drinking ECW originals disgust him and how he is straight edge etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

triple h wrote:
    CM Punk has made the right move. Although he does not need to be in a gang as he is strong enough to be on his own, so i don't understand why he is joining a gang.
    Well they will probably make him the leader of the gang in which case he will look extremely strong (excuse the pun). I think this was great booking. Yes he was gaining momentum as a face but that makes the heel turn all that more surprising. Theres just not enough shocking heel/face turns in WWE any more. What this means is that wrestlers stay face/heel for too long and end up stale.

If there was one wrestler I had to pick to turn heel, it would be John Cena. He was quite enjoyable when he was a 'baddie' and now that he's well and truly established it would mean that he would be a main event heel and not hanging around with B2. What was that thing B2 used to do with John Cena? Boo-Yaa! afer every odd sentence said by John Cena?

If there was one wrestler in WWE today that you had the choice to turn heel/face who would it be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Cena for sure, he should turn heel.

Batista will most likely turn heel and fade away, but it is true what dickmcsavage says about cena--" he is truly established and it would mean that he would be a main event heel"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

triple h wrote:
    Cena for sure, he should turn heel.

Batista will most likely turn heel and fade away, but it is true what dickmcsavage says about cena--" he is truly established and it would mean that he would be a main event heel"

I agree..
    now is the time that so many people boo cena night in night out..........The move to becoming heel for Cena is surely not that far away

fatal wrote:
    The move to becoming heel for Cena is surely not that far away

I wouldn't say that. There's a lot more main-event level heels than faces, and Cena's the biggest of the faces, so it wouldn't make much sense. I enjoyed him more as a heel, but I also enjoy him more now than at any other point of his face run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I love the fact they made Punk a heel. He is a natural heel and to me it signafies WWE are now behind Punk and ready to push him properly.

As for Cena, the best time to make him a heel was thuis time last year when he was getting booed. Also, Triple H could have been a substitute for the main event face. Now, especially with Michaels as a borderline heel, WWE need Cena as a face.

Off-topic, would anyone else like to see Triple H fued with Michaels when he returns? I know its been done before, but AFAIK, never with HHH as a face and HBK as a heel. I think it could be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I back the heel turn as it wouldn't make sense for a guy who's straight edge to fight alongside guys like RVD and Sandman.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

the heel turn makes sense as Punk is more suited to being a heel IMO however there was no shock value in the way it was executed for me. but i dont know if the WWE were really pushing him as a face to start with, instead he got himself over with the crowd while he was supposed to be in between the heel new breed and the face originals. I hope now he becomes the leader of the new breed and maybe i will watch more regularily

however there was no shock value in the way it was executed for me

Thats cos Russo is currently f*cking up TNA. If they had put him with the Originals and then shock turned him in a few weeks, it wouldn't have made any sense (hmmm...Russo rearing his head again, lol). But he had to make a simple choice Originals or New Breed. He made the decision to join the New Breed. Simple. Its the current simplicity of the WWE storylines that is making it so much better than the 'shock-tastic' TNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Does anyone think that next week Punk will screw the New Breed and go to the Originals? The heel turn looked too iffy to me.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a swerve where he turns on the New Breed, but I wouldn't imagine he'd go and join the Originals then, I'd say he'd stay a heel and be his own man. Fits into his character better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i will proberly like him better now that he is a heel,i like heels better than face's

At first I thought he wa going to turn on the new breed next week, but his character doesnt' fit with the originals and to have him turn on the new breed and be a heel on his own, would bury the new breed and thats a step in the wrong direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Minto wrote:
    Thats cos Russo is currently f*cking up TNA. If they had put him with the Originals and then shock turned him in a few weeks, it wouldn't have made any sense (hmmm...Russo rearing his head again, lol). But he had to make a simple choice Originals or New Breed. He made the decision to join the New Breed. Simple. Its the current simplicity of the WWE storylines that is making it so much better than the 'shock-tastic' TNA.
    Russo and TNA have nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Honestly, its beginning to get like the Cena situation two years ago where people couldn't go two posts without feeling the need to put him down.

Advertisement