Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDA purchase advice

• 13-04-2007 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

hi there,
    i've been toying with the idea of buying a PDA, ideally i like one for GPS and with wifi.
    also i love to have one for using the internet, but are they very slow while browsing the net?

what kind of money am i looking at (i'm a skin flint:D ) and any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,375 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I have the axim x51v, positives are it has wifi, bluetooth, vga res screen/video acceleration, large user base at aximsite, fast processor, sd/cf slots

negitives, no gps, but bluetooth gps devices arn't too hard to find, web browsing is sluggish and not that easy, there are some new browsers coming out so they might help things. x51v is expensive enough, but when on sale the price can be more reasonable. probably getting a bit long in the tooth, but still one of the best pdas

ebays is good for things like pdas as postage normally aint too bad and there all sorts of types for sale. have found this shop useful before http://stores.ebay.ie/LuzernTech

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

I had the HP iPaq 4150 which had Wifi and Bluetooth, they shouldnt be expensive at all these days and it surfs the net, but you need a seperate little GPS box that communicates through bluetooth.

Cant say they are the ideal devices to surf the net with though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

ctc_celtic wrote:
    hi there,
    i've been toying with the idea of buying a PDA, ideally i like one for GPS and with wifi.
    also i love to have one for using the internet, but are they very slow while browsing the net?

what kind of money am i looking at (i'm a skin flint:D ) and any recommendations?

Hi there,
    i have a axim x51v that im going to sell.its in great condition , hardly every used .PM me if your interested .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

thanks for all the help,
    been looking on ebay and a few review sites.
    i've seen the Palm one Lifedrive, anyone have one or know of any pro's or cons's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Dell are to stop making PDA's which is a pity the axim x51v is probably the best one ever.

• Advertisement
Advertisement