Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson W810i

• 13-04-2007 3:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone here have experience with the Sony Ericsson W810i? I am looking around for a new phone but it must be in the Meteor pay ass you go range and this seems to be the best on offer though the €200 price, for me, is steep.

Can anyone here just give me an opinion on it and offer cheaper alternatives if possible?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

brother picked one up 2 weeks ago, must say very slick phone, mp3 players sound is very good. Bluetooth support seems quality(can do remote control of pc and such), generally easy enough to use. Camera is good, about what ye'd expect for 2mp camera phone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Fabio wrote:
    Hi all,

Does anyone here have experience with the Sony Ericsson W810i? I am looking around for a new phone but it must be in the Meteor pay ass you go range and this seems to be the best on offer though the €200 price, for me, is steep.

Can anyone here just give me an opinion on it and offer cheaper alternatives if possible?
    Was thinking of buying this phone myself too, can see myself getting it tomorrow actually! My sagem is constanly seizing up now and its really annoying me! The reviews on the net have been very positive from what ive read. If I do go and buy it ill write up what i think first hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I have a Sony Ericsson (K700i I think) phone but the joystick is kinda fcked up. It works but it takes ages. I recommend Sony Ericsson phones to anyone though - but just don't get one with the joystick thingy. I don't think they have them on (m)any of the phones in the Walkman range.

I'm thinking of getting the W810i or something simalar...there's so many in the Walkman range I don't know which one to get....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Well i went into buy one today money in hand only to be told they are sold out and pretty tough to get at the momemt! Im on a waiting list but the gril didnt really know when she would be getting them in, ".....could be two weeks,could be one...." I thought my waiting list days where over after waiting for the Wii for so long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

It's an excellent phone, I had one for a few months. Just beware of teh white screen of death, it happened to mine and I had to update the firmware to fix what had happened.
    Turned it on one day, and it wouldn't start, the screen just kept flashing white on and off, so contacted S. E. and they sent me a link to upgrade the firmware. It worked fine after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've had my w810i since the new year and I can't see myself ever going back to a Nokia (last phone was a 6630). The sheer thought that's gone into the w810i is amazing. The interface is incredibly easy to use, it's packed with tons of stuff, it's very solid feeling.
    While I'm sure there are better phones, I don't have a single complaint about mine. It does what it does extremely well.

If you've any questions in particular just fire away and I'll do my best to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Fabio

Thanks for all the replies back lads.

I'll be getting one of these I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Was thinkign of getting one myself and then I saw the W850i. I've currently got a V600i and the keypad shortcuts are so good on it and I know it's similar to the W810i as I had a quick look at my friends a few weeks ago and mainly all the shortcuts were the same.

Sorry to derail your topic but doesnt anyone know a release date for W850i's in Ireland for pay as you go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Solid phone with a good battery life. Not a bad thing to say about it.

Does anyone know if this phone is capable of working with Sony's own music compression format, Atrac?

I took the plunge and bought the W810i and want to squeeze as much music on as I can and from previous experince I have found Atrac to be good at low bit rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I returned mine and got a refund. The loud hiss when playing MP3's coupled with the loud clicks and pops when forwarding through MP3's made my ears bleed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Fabio wrote:
    Does anyone know if this phone is capable of working with Sony's own music compression format, Atrac?

I took the plunge and bought the W810i and want to squeeze as much music on as I can and from previous experince I have found Atrac to be good at low bit rates.

No, ATRAC is not supported.

daveg wrote:
    I returned mine and got a refund. The loud hiss when playing MP3's coupled with the loud clicks and pops when forwarding through MP3's made my ears bleed.
    Hmmm I havent had that problem so far myself though to be honest the bass from the headphones on my old V600i was better than on this phone but other than that I find the sound grand...not world beating but good for what it is like.

Pity ATRAC isn't supported. I think Sony have quietly dropped it have they?

Advertisement