Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's You Favorite Sci Fi Show?

• 13-04-2007 5:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

This might have been done before here, I'm not sure cos I'm new but I thought it might be interesting.

If your fav isn't on the list, seriously choose Other rather than whatever is the best for you out of the bunch on the list.

What's You Favorite Sci Fi Show? 82 votes

Star Trek(any version)
    0%
    Bablyon 5
    29%
    TazzleazezilCrucifixJusticeCactus ColZaphJohnny StormzodgammaTony HBigP5starpooldjkeoghJayRocdr.bollockoinverted_worldMLMReptileboyLilKittyBlackhorse Slim 24 votes
    Stargate(any version)
    17%
    VenomNeoSlicerZPugsleyKevokNevyn[Deleted User]ixoymonkeyfudgebubonicusAnCapaillMorAgamemnonJack B. BaddDalfiatachHivemind187 14 votes
    Battlestar Galactica(new version)
    9%
    galactuspanKojakrobnubishotshots85darthculainkettrickendsignr25 8 votes
    Dr Who
    18%
    paulj13Pepe LeFritsfenrisUser45701stakeymcgovernBranoicFuzzyWuzzyWazzaCiDeRmAnCerebralCortexIompairAntiqwertplaywertshockwaveMarkHall 15 votes
    Outer Limits(any version)
    3%
    regenerationtriple hgillylilly 3 votes
    Red Dwarf
    1%
    FlimFlam 1 vote
    The X-Files
    4%
    petespolly oliverWreckDavyD_83 4 votes
    Twilight Zone(any version)
    7%
    The Black OilJesus WeptZorbaTehZSchismCarroll.iainCAZ85 6 votes
    Other
    0%
    Farscape
    8%
    NietzscheandazberryLegend_DITDadesdarkskolbikoEvangelion 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Twilight Zone(any version)
    I'm not a big sci-fi fan. I went for the X-Files, I loved the first few seasons, they were amazing, maybe it was because I was 11 :p It seemed to go downhill after the first couple of seasons.

What Sci-Fi is your fav Kitty?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Stargate(any version)
    No Farscape option?! :mad: Out of those there, I'd choose 'Babylon 5', 'Dr Who' and 'Stargate'. Don't ask me to choose, it's like a mother picking a favourite child!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Dr Who
    I would have picked Stargate except I find its losing steam. I love it but I prefer Battle Star Galactica at the moment its fresher.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LilKitty

Bablyon 5
    The-Rigger wrote:
    I'm not a big sci-fi fan. I went for the X-Files, I loved the first few seasons, they were amazing, maybe it was because I was 11 :p It seemed to go downhill after the first couple of seasons.

What Sci-Fi is your fav Kitty?

Star Trek, that's what I voted for. I especially love TNG.:)

Bablyon 5
    ixoy wrote:
    No Farscape option?! :mad: Out of those there, I'd choose 'Babylon 5', 'Dr Who' and 'Stargate'. Don't ask me to choose, it's like a mother picking a favourite child!

Well that's the thing with these polls, you only get 10 options and I was thinking about it but thought the others were likely to be more popular in general. I asked a mod to edit it because I also forgot to add the 10th option of Other.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Stargate(any version)
    Yeah... I don't think I ever got more wrapped up in a series than I did with Farscape.

But I was pretty obsessed with Babylon 5 for a long time too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Dr Who
    BSG would be my current fav, but its starting to go down im my eyes.

Behind that i really enjoyed ds9 from season 3 onwards. As it was the first ST seriees to get really dark and moody, and the only ST where you saw huge characted progression over the course of the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Stargate(any version)
    Babylon 5 tbh.

2nd option would have been farscape, but it isnt there anyway, so B5 is a fairly clear winner imo, BSG is damn good, and SG1 has some real good moments too though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Stargate(any version)
    LilKitty wrote:
    Well that's the thing with these polls, you only get 10 options and I was thinking about it but thought the others were likely to be more popular in general. I asked a mod to edit it because I also forgot to add the 10th option of Other.:o
    I'd suggest you drop "Outer Limits" in favour of "Farscape" as it would have far more support here. Never really hear anyone talking about "The Outer Limits". Already 3 ppl on this thread would appear to be interested in it...

Stargate(any version)
    Although the Outer Limits was always far more of a Science fiction show than the Twilight Zone.

Harlan Ellison was even planning on making an episode of Babylon 5 a sequel to the Outer Limits episode "Demon With a Glass Hand" that he wrote.

• Advertisement

Bablyon 5
    ixoy wrote:
    I'd suggest you drop "Outer Limits" in favour of "Farscape" as it would have far more support here. Never really hear anyone talking about "The Outer Limits". Already 3 ppl on this thread would appear to be interested in it...

Well since you seem to be the mod for this forum I suppose I need to ask you to change that bit but nothing else. I like the rest the way it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I would have to go for Stargate, especially SG! up to the end of season 8. The last 2 seasons of it really let it down.

Also Star Trek: TNG would have been a close second

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Dr Who
    new battlestar
    not seen much of that list though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 darthculain

V should be there.

Bablyon 5
    V should be there.

V? I've hardly heard of it and out of 9 possible choices it was hard to figure out why that show should be in there, no offense!

Stargate(any version)
    When V first screened here it made a huge impact... I think it was one that really captured everyones imaginations and it had a huge mainstream appeal that most science fiction shows can only dream of.

It suffers from being a bit too 80s though and it had a weak follow up series that damaged it's reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Bablyon 5
    Added Farscape option as per OP's request.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dr Who
    BSG, lovely jubbly, although Heroes is also perfectly formed stuff.
    So many shows out there too, stuff that ran for one season, stuff that seems to get forgotten, like Milennium or Nowhere Man, stuff I loved certainly.
    Well at least tragic muck like ****e Above and Beyond didn't get a place on the poll, that show was awful, and too many folk 'round here liked it, shudder shudder!

Bablyon 5
    CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Nowhere Man
    Was that the one about the guy who suddenly finds his identity has been lost and even his wife acts as if she doesn't know him?
    CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Above and Beyond

I've don't think I've ever heard of it. What's it about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Bablyon 5
    Had to vote for star trek, but specifically Deep Space 9.

That would've been followed very closely by Firefly (and firefly would be chosen first on another day)

• Advertisement

Stargate(any version)
    LilKitty wrote:
    I've don't think I've ever heard of it. What's it about?
    It's Space Above and Beyond... I'm not sure why 'Space' was censored though.

I liked what the show was trying to do... but I never really liked watching it. It probably was very influential on Battlestar Galactica though... in the way it dealt with conflicts in space and how they were shot.

Bablyon 5
    It's Space Above and Beyond... I'm not sure why 'Space' was censored though.
    Yeah I thought it was just called Above and Beyond and the word you put before it was some swear word cos of the censor. However I too have no idea why that word would be censored, unless you didn't spell it correctly it, but even then.

Stargate(any version)
    I'm torn between Stargate, Farscape and Bablyon 5.

There have been of brilliant Sci Fi in the past few years that were never given a chance. Firefly, Odyssey 5, Invasion, Brimstone, G Vs. E, Nowhere Man, The Visitor. A lot of well reviewed and liked shows most of which didn't even get full season runs, yet Andromeda ran for 5 seasons...

Bablyon 5
    I'm torn between Stargate, Farscape and Bablyon 5.

There have been of brilliant Sci Fi in the past few years that were never given a chance. Firefly, Odyssey 5, Invasion, Brimstone, G Vs. E, Nowhere Man, The Visitor. A lot of well reviewed and liked shows most of which didn't even get full season runs, yet Andromeda ran for 5 seasons...

I'd forgotten about Andromeda, it ran for five seasons!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Farscape
    When V first screened here it made a huge impact...

..It suffers from being a bit too 80s

Sure thats what makes it so good!

I would have to vote for V, I just never get sick of watching it, followed closely by Space Above and Beyond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Bablyon 5
    Where is Space above and beyond in your poll. Far superior to a lot of shows on the poll.

Bablyon 5
    Where is Space above and beyond in your poll. Far superior to a lot of shows on the poll.
    As I keep telling people there is only usually 10 options and I received an 11th one specially, I'm not changing the poll anymore, I've done it enough already! Not everyone is going to agree on these options but I went for the ones I thought people were more likely to vote for and obviously ones I'd heard of, until recently I'd never even heard of that show and possibly a lot of younger people might not have either.

I'm not trying to rude to anyone here but if they really don't like my poll that much then instead of complaining about what I should have put in it then start your own, it doesn't bother me but I am getting a bit sick of people telling me what I should be doing with my own poll. In the beginning it was alright but now I'm just getting sick of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Bablyon 5
    That would fall under the category of "other"...

Besides, it wasn't all that good anyways :P

Bablyon 5
    azezil wrote:
    That would fall under the category of "other"...

Besides, it wasn't all that good anyways :P

The one thing I don't get is why people seem to have such a problem with voting for Other on polls when what they want to see on it just isn't there. Maybe if more people voted Other and then they why they did so it'd help poll starters get a better idea of what might be a realistic option on their poll that they missed and learn from it but instead so many refuse and just ask why wasn't such and such in a poll.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Farscape
    Firefly

Advertisement