Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox live locale

• 13-04-2007 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭

I signed up for the first time last night and created a new user account. When it came to entering Locale, it was default set to Germany (I live here) with no possibility to change it even though I had Ireland set as my Locale in the xbox settings tab.

How can I change the locale, I've looked in the settings but can't find it? Will this mean that I'm now stuck with all German demos and content from the marketplace?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Have you tried changing it on Passport.net? You'd log on with the e-mail and password there (as you would on Xbox.com), not sure if it'll affect it though but IIRC you can change your country there.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭the-ging

Yes check your passport account, as when I set up my account I was signed into the American live and market place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

koneko wrote:
    Have you tried changing it on Passport.net? You'd log on with the e-mail and password there (as you would on Xbox.com), not sure if it'll affect it though but IIRC you can change your country there.

Nice one, thanks koneko. I used an old hotmail account that I just use for registrations and the home country was set to Germany. Any idea if this will change my live account locale? Just want to be able to get English demos!

If that doesn't work then is it possible to delete an account and start all over again with the same gamer tag?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

jester77 wrote:
    Nice one, thanks koneko. I used an old hotmail account that I just use for registrations and the home country was set to Germany. Any idea if this will change my live account locale? Just want to be able to get English demos!

If that doesn't work then is it possible to delete an account and start all over again with the same gamer tag?

Nope. Unless you change the name of the tag you are currently using it will always count as in use.

Advertisement