Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So Ive got these 4 games...

• 13-04-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭

Crackdown - good one player game
    Gears of War - another great one player game, co-op and versus not great
    Project Gotham Racing - surprisingly not a bad racer
    PES 6 - a good 2 player game, not as good as the PS2 version but still good

The thing is there is 4 of us in the gaf, and we're lookin for a decent 2 player game for the 360. I've been told the boxing game is good and I've played Virtual Tennis n thought that was not bad.

Any suggestions? The lads aren't impressed with the 360 so far due to the let down of PES 6

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

table tennis is great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Co-op Gears is great, how much of it did you play?

Lego Star Wars II is fun and co-op.

Guitar Hero II would be great to play with another person, but expensive seeing as you'd have to not only buy it (€100 ish), you'd also have to buy a second guitar.

Fight Night 3 is good for a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Dont get me wrong I thing Gears of War is great. Im great fan of shooters but some of the lads arent. I played Lego Star Wars on PS n wasnt impressed.

So Table Tennis and Fight Night it is then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Dunno about Topspin 2 for the 360 but Topspin 1 for the first Xbox is great. None of us are into tennis but we've had some great nights with it. It's a 1,2 or 4 player game on the Xbox. Topspin 2 should be pretty cheapish now too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Fight Night is great, and Forza Motorsport 2 is out soon, so if you want to blow your friends away with the 360, then that's the game you want.
    looks amazing.
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance is a great Co-Op game, and you can play it with up to four players if you have the pads.
    The same with Smackdown vs Raw 2007, if you're into wrestling. If not, it's still a good two-four player game.

There are a lot of good shooting co-op games (I spent months playing Rainbow 6:Vegas terrorist hunts over and over again with a friend!:p), but if your friends aren't big into shooters then there's no real point I suppose.

Try a few Arcade games as well if you have broadband access.
    Small Arms is amazing fun (kinda like Super Smash Brothers).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Fight Night and I'm suprised noone mentioned Tiger Woods golf. Great craic in multi-player

yeah I got hooked on Tiger 2004 on the original xbox... though havent the messed it up a little, changing the way you aim?

Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance more than a button basher?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

Get a Wii ;)
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Trilla wrote:
    Is Marvel Ultimate Alliance more than a button basher?

Yes and no.

At first it does seem like button bashing, but once you level up, and develop more powers costumes, and characters, it stops being so.
    It gets fairly tactical with different teams complimenting each other in different ways.

It's a mad laugh in four player as well, cause you can choose to work on the same team as your friends, but the game records who killed the most, so you're competing against each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Marvel ultimate alliance is great.Tiger woods on the ps2 was the best 4 player experiance ever!Many nights and many euros wasted so id say that itd be good for 360.Fight night is cool but 2 played loses its charm after awhile id say vitua tennis 3 should be the business when its relased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

dunno about compatibility but world championship rugby (from the makers of johah lomu) is a good two player on the xbox. They also released a sequel last year.

I bought Football Manager 2007 (XtraVision) and Tiger Woods 07 (HMW) yesterday for €100. TW07 has to be the best version of the series by far. Putting is alot more difficult and the graphics are excellent. Those fans at the side of the fairway can get annoying as the block potential run ons but makes you perfect your game more. Virtual Tennis is out but was warned off it in the shop (I played it once thought it was okay) by shop assistant. Says to get bored of it quick enough and not worth the 70 smackers.

Fight Night cannot be found in Carlow, Athy, Newbridge, Rathmines or Dublin City Centre. I found one second hand copy for 50 quid - not paying that! Didnt know it was that popular. Makes me wanna get it more so now!

Getting a copy of Perfect Dark Zero for a tenner, that should be enough to add to my collection for the time being

Advertisement