Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hairline Cracks in Newly Plastered Walls

Options
  • 13-04-2007 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭

I got my house drylined and skimed last January, I wanited about 5 weeks before applying the undercoat of paint. I then got wooden floors and skirting put down.

I noticed some small hairline cracks apperring in the plaster in some places, is this due to the hammering of the skirting being put down, with a gas gun, the plaster drying too quick.

Anyway I've painted the rooms and filled the cracks and painted over them, but there is a bit of a ridge in one of the areas in the painted room, is there anything on the market to smooth it over or do i simply have to keep sanding it down and paint over it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

its quite normal....if you were to go around and try to fill & sand every crack in a newly plastered wall, you'd have a job for life

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Not at all unusual, cracks can be found particularly where the ceiling and wall meet also where there are conduits (lights wiring, sockets).

Advertisement