Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carroll gets final Audi DTM seat

• 13-04-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Thursday, April 12th 2007, 09:32 GMT

Adam Carroll has secured the final vacant drive in the DTM in a two-year-old Audi A4 for this season.

The 24-year-old has raced in GP2 for the past two years, but he has been chasing a move away from the category after he had a difficult 2006 season.

"Last year was a nightmare, so I hope to have plenty to cheer about this season," Carroll told this week's Autosport.

The Ulsterman won three races during his first year in GP2, although last year he struggled with Racing Engineering, and he believes that another difficult year in the category would hurt his career.

Despite switching from single-seaters to touring cars, Carroll has not given up on landing a drive in Formula One in the future.

"I haven't given up on making it to Formula One, and this is a good opportunity to keep my name out there," he added.

Former DTM champion Gary Paffett believes that the development freeze that came into place after 2005 means that the two-year-old cars could spring a surprise this year.

"I think all the cars will be very close," he said. "The 2005 cars will be a problem for everybody."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Delighted to see Adam sort himself out for this year.

If he can impress in his 2 year old Audi he'll give himself a great opportunity of moving up to better team and I'm confident he'll be a success in DTM

I would have loved to see him in a Champ Car this year but some things aren't meant to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Ayup the change will probably do him good. He was probably stagnating in GP2 anyhow so this should give him a kick up the ass, especially with hakkinen and co in the class.

Advertisement