Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mick Foley signing in Easons next saturday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

cool il def try and get to that. Does anybody know if you need tickets or anything for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

he surely isnt coming to ireland just to sign copies of his book?
    Whenever they have had signing in easons before no tickets have been needed so i presume that this time is no different
    il be there anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I went to Alex Ferguson's book signing at Easons, no tickets or wristbands that day, just a case of getting there early enough to que (about an hour and a half if i remember correctly), but that was 10 years ago so maybe they do things differently now.

I'm definitely headed to this , even if it means getting there about 12:00 or so, Foley is a legend, i really enjoyed both his wrestling and his books so far, plus he seems a genuinely nice guy, can't wai to shake his hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Thursday, April 19 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
    Borders, 203 Oxford Street, London, England

Mick Foley will sign copies of his book on April 19 between 5 and 7 p.m. at Borders, Oxford Street, London, W1D 2LE. For more information, call +44 (0) 20 7395 3404.
    Friday, April 20 6:00 a.m.
    JK & Joel Early Breakfast show, London, England

Mick Foley interview with Simon Rothstein for JK & Joel Early Breakfast show.
    Sunday, April 22 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
    Waterstones, Cardiff, UK

Mick Foley will be at Waterstones bookstore to sign copies of ‘Hardcore Diaries’ for 500 fans: Waterstones. 2a The Hayes, Cardiff, CF10 1WB. For more information, call +44 (0) 29 2066 5606.

Its a promotional tour not just a trip to Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

awww I wish he was doin this in Dawson st easons. I work next door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I might head to it if I can. Haven't bought his new book yet, never seen Mick in person either, after he pulled out from that IWW event a couple of years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

its says on the wwe website for 500 fans, does that mean for the first 500 and you won't need any tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

Cool,I Have to Meet The Man Himself Mick Foley Definally One Of The Best Wrestlers To Lace His Boots And It Would Be an Honour to Meet Him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I'd love to go, but i'm the other end of the country and am working next Sat. Maybe i'll pull a sickie (only messin boss, lol) and go see Foley. Decisions decisions.

monto pull the sickie and see the hardcore legend, whats more important losing your job or seeing mick foley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

D-FENS wrote:
    I went to Alex Ferguson's book signing at Easons, no tickets or wristbands that day, just a case of getting there early enough to que (about an hour and a half if i remember correctly), but that was 10 years ago so maybe they do things differently now.
    been ast a couple recently, just as you described, only criteria was getting there early

I just rang easons and you will get tickets as you q to see him...only 500 tickets will be given out..
    I also cant wait to meet the hardcore legend as i havent met him before.From what ive heard he is a genuinely nice guy....
    At least the security as easons dont tend to be shoving you away as you're book is getting signed

fatal wrote:
    I just rang easons and you will get tickets as you q to see him...only 500 tickets will be given out..
    I also cant wait to meet the hardcore legend as i havent met him before.From what ive heard he is a genuinely nice guy....
    At least the security as easons dont tend to be shoving you away as you're book is getting signed

Yeah like that Helms/Kennedy signing in Smyths in November

Anyone know where i can get the book in Cork?, tried Eason's and Waterstone's, Virgin on the off chance as well

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

fatal wrote:

You werent there for the Rey Mysterio one then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I was in Easons today early in the morning. Anyway, at the information desk they were all talking about the upcoming Foley signing in fairly glowing terms with one girl in particuliar about 19-22 literally giddy for next Saturday.

Anyway, it warmed my heart so see "normal" people discuss wrestling in a good way! Just thought I'd share.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Might try and get up to Dublin next Sat. morning to get to it, but not too sure if I'd get up to Dublin in time though :(
    fatal wrote:

And there fairly good about getting pictures taken too. Was at a Paul McGrath signing at Easons in Cork last year and they staff had their own camera and offered to take the pictures and you could collect them the next week.
    EdK wrote:
    Anyone know where i can get the book in Cork?, tried Eason's and Waterstone's, Virgin on the off chance as well

Easons usually seem to have them first. Should ask them when they are getting it in. Can’t think of anywhere else in Cork that would have it.

You werent there for the Rey Mysterio one then.

O i was at that one.That was the first WWE signing that I went to.
    I didnt get shoved at all as I took a few pictures and said exchanged a few words with rey.In the states the fans get to take a picture with the wrestlers but over here thats non existant.
    At the Keneddy and helms signing in smyths,the bald american guy standing next to them called me an "asshole" for what??? I dunno:confused::confused::confused:

I was in Easons today early in the morning. Anyway, at the information desk they were all talking about the upcoming Foley signing in fairly glowing terms with one girl in particuliar about 19-22 literally giddy for next Saturday.

Anyway, it warmed my heart so see "normal" people discuss wrestling in a good way! Just thought I'd share.

I have started to see it more and more when wrestling is mentioned on this side of the Atlantic.
    A few years ago the first thing that people would say to you if you mentioned that you liked pro wrestling would be"you do know its fake don't you?".The last few times that I have mentioned that I am a fan to "normal" people,they have been genuinely interested in what makes a 19 year old guy such a big fan of a sport that was considered as a "kids" programme only a few years ago and it was presumed that you would "grow out of it" at a certain age.
    A few have even become interested in wrestling again and have started to watch the likes of WWE and a bit of TNA years after they "grew out of it"

Anyone know if you have to buy the book in Easons or anything will there be any hassle that way?

Couldnt get it in Easons so I had to buy it in Waterstones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

hope not cos i aint buying the book again,i have his first book in hardback id prefer to have that signed,id love to get the title belt he had signed how cool would that be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Easons are **** for signings, they made a complete hash of the Mysterio one in 2005 (when they did the signing for Are We There Yet), that book will more than likely be the only thing thye sign, and the staff will literally push you in one way, and then out the other.

HMV's signings are way more organised.

Easons are **** for signings, they made a complete hash of the Mysterio one in 2005 (when they did the signing for Are We There Yet), that book will more than likely be the only thing thye sign, and the staff will literally push you in one way, and then out the other.

HMV's signings are way more organised.

I have to disagree.....
    All of the HMV signings that I have been to have been literally in the back door and shoved up the stairs to the entrance...
    When Mysterio was in easons 2 years ago i thought that it was organised very well actually.I got to exchange a few words with him aswell which was great since I had been q'ing for about 3 hours.
    If someone does try to push you away this weekend at the signing just refuse to be pushed away.Im not going to q for a couple of hours only to have a book signed and then being shoved out......

I was at the signing earlier, it was great! Mick was dead sound, I got my copy of Tietam Brown signed aswell as the new book, and I asked about the film that's being planned on the novel. He said they're in talks with an Academy Award winning actor to star in the film and that he's perfect for the part. I got to shake hands with Mr Socko too, great to meet him

Eason handled the whole thing very well. When I was going up I wasn't hurried along or anything

I had to laugh when I overheard a kid asking his mother if Mick could sign his book "John Cena"

My brothers went up from Cork cuz I couldn't he signed 3 books took 3 pictures aswell and was meant to be well sound

"How ya doin buddy etc"

I was at it too. Mick seemed really nice and chatty with everyone and when the time came for me to go up there I more or less froze which is pretty pathetic. I think he even said to me "are you alright?". I just about managed a nod. Not one of my finer my moments.

Haha, I was a bit nervous myself, but after seeing the 6 or 7 year old kid in front of me chat away to him for ages before being dragged away by his mother, I found my testicular fortitude!

Fozzy wrote:
    I found my testicular fortitude!

I was severely lacking mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Thanks for posting your encounters guys, Mick seems like a sound guy! Couldn't make it up to Dublin for it unfortunetly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Did anyone see me outside Easons - the very large dude with long hair, wearing my black Raiders top

Didnt queue - but bought the book

• Advertisement

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Did anyone see me outside Easons - the very large dude with long hair, wearing my black Raiders top

Don't think so! I probably wouldn't have noticed you if you weren't in the queue. Even then, I can barely remember anyone who was near me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

ne one gonna post their pics with mick on this . wouldnt mind seeing them

I didn't get any pics. I'm not actually that big on gettin photos or autographs to be honest, I just like to actually meet the person!

Fozzy wrote:
    I didn't get any pics. I'm not actually that big on gettin photos or autographs to be honest, I just like to actually meet the person!

You were in the minority I think, as was I. To be honest I'm regretting I didn't bring more with me. I felt unprepared in comparison to the amount of stuff some people brought with them!

One guy I saw had the book, a dvd, between 4-6 pictures to sign and a camera too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

What I like was the parents who came up to me and asked

"Are you with the wrestler over there" - man it put a big old smile on my face

575838656a4168800930b751858770l.jpg

575838656a4168802279b658023872l.jpg

My punk brothers

• Advertisement

EdK wrote:
    575838656a4168800930b751858770l.jpg

575838656a4168802279b658023872l.jpg

My punk brothers

thats cool man !! nice to have some sort of picture !! hey if ur kids ever get into wrestling it be like showing them a picture of you and hulk hogan is years to come:D .. i always laugh at foley , doesnt dress up too much . Whoo cant believe he brought mr.socko

thats cool man !! nice to have some sort of picture !! hey if ur kids ever get into wrestling it be like showing them a picture of you and hulk hogan is years to come:D .. i always laugh at foley , doesnt dress up too much . Whoo cant believe he brought mr.socko

Neither is me I couldnt go, Got a signed personalised book though so not too bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cool pics, good for ye who got to meet him. :)

i met him aswell,got a book signed and a pic with him he was dead on

Oh yeah, I saw a little kid (I'm guessin 6 or 7) who was talkin to Mick for a good while, sayin he saw the Hell in a Cell match with the Undertaker. Mick said he was too young to have seen it, and the kid said he saw it on Youtube, haha

Mick really couldn't have been any sounder. I'm so glad that I got to meet him now! Don't know if I'll have the time to read the book for a few weeks though!

• Advertisement

I wonder who will be signing in June?, It seems to me the signings are always worse here than what you see and read about when they are in other countries. The WWE pays very little attention to here in Italy they have loads of pictures of fans meeting wrestlers on the streets and in signings.

If you look at the pics on WWE.com from November they are 5 0r 6 pictures and two feature handicapped kids posing with wrestlers.

Thats aload of crap using those kids for marketing

On the other hand, it probably means a lot more to those kids to have their photo up on the site than it would to you or I

If they do pay less attention to Ireland, I'd imagine it's something to do with the country having less than 10 times the population of the likes of Italy! It's in their interest to market towards more people

I'd love if Ric and Arn were to sign for the Four Horsemen dvd!

Fozzy wrote:
    On the other hand, it probably means a lot more to those kids to have their photo up on the site than it would to you or I

If they do pay less attention to Ireland, I'd imagine it's something to do with the country having less than 10 times the population of the likes of Italy! It's in their interest to market towards more people

I'd love if Ric and Arn were to sign for the Four Horsemen dvd!

Shouldn't make a difference

It's not jealousy or anything I just think its not right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

Was at the signing today mick seemed really cool.it was really worth waiting four and a half hours to meet him.easons handled it really well I thought no rushing or any of that. like there was at smyths in November

I was there aswell.I was quite nervous well the q started to move slowly towards mick and I was also one of the first in the q so i got my stuff signed fairly early but I hung around til he left..
    Mick was a genuinely great guy to talk to.He made conversation with everyone of those 500 people that came out to see him and thanked them all individually.It was also great to see him answering questions that people would shout out at him.......
    All in all this was the best signing that they have had so far and well done easons for handling the signing so well...im looking forward to future signings in easons as well as always chatting to other people in the q.

p.s no-one could have missed me...I was the tanned guy in the white UFC tshirt;)

d1sc0g1rl wrote:
    Was at the signing today mick seemed really cool.it was really worth waiting four and a half hours to meet him.easons handled it really well I thought no rushing or any of that. like there was at smyths in November
    agreed....that was the worst signing that they have had so far....

fatal wrote:
    agreed....that was the worst signing that they have had so far....

what about the one in gamestop last nov

what about the one in gamestop last nov
    that was bad but the one at smyths was the worst

fatal wrote:
    that was bad but the one at smyths was the worst

what was soo bad was it the wrestlers or What??? i would of loved to meet mr kennedy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement