Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jim Ross

• 13-04-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭

From PWInsider.com

- Jim Ross’s contract with WWE will be expiring this fall. There is still talk of replacing Jim Ross with Michael Cole on the RAW announce team despite his recent induction into the Hall of Fame.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I'm not surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I would have thought that they would try to have him on RAW for as long as they could especially after inducting him into the hall of fame for his commentary and having nearly every wrestler in WWE saying that he is the best commentator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Apparently they regard Cole as the top man in the commentator chair, are they for real haha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

JR is definately the best

Jim Ross is a legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

I can't believe that anyone would consider Mitchel Cole (Nice one Jericho!) to be the top commentator in WWE. Vince seriously must be deaf. He is...quite simply...the....most....ANNOYING man in the world....EVER. I can't stand the way he goes 'oh!' for almost every punch. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!! I HATE MICHEAL COLE!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

JR is the best commentator I've ever heard. But I've been wondering how this new approach to WWE's ppvs would affect him. It's well known that he isn't a big fan of travelling these days, he's talked about it himself. It's been reported that the WWE ppvs will have all announce teams at them though, so that's adding a good bit more travel into JR's schedule. I wouldn't replace him

Michael Cole can be very good. The problem I've seen recently is that JBL makes him look real bad. Not in the sense that JBL out-performs him, but sometimes Cole will be trying to make a point and advance a story and JBL will just shoot him down to get himself over. Cole worked very well with Tazz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I think it must be Vince doesn't like Ross on a personal level. I can't see it being because he thinks it's a good business decision- that Cole will increase raw ratings with his commentary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Ross will still be here this time next year, WWE needs him. We all saw what happened when they replaced him with Joey Styles, who I like btw, but he wasn't Ross good. I think Vince has said he doesn't like Ross (or was it Ross said Vince doesn't like him, can't really remember), but Vince knows Ross is good for business.

Fozzy wrote:
    Michael Cole can be very good. The problem I've seen recently is that JBL makes him look real bad. Not in the sense that JBL out-performs him, but sometimes Cole will be trying to make a point and advance a story and JBL will just shoot him down to get himself over. Cole worked very well with Tazz
    Usually I agree with the stuff you post but I'll have to pull you up on this one. Micheal Cole is bad ALL the time. He really is whereas I think JBL is a commentating god. I love the way he shoots Mitchel down. Another thing that really does my head in about Cole is the fact that he's so blantantly up the face's arse during matches i.e. praising Eddie for cheating in a match only to criticise the heel for doing it in the next match. He's also extremely camp. It was almost suicide inducing when he kept on doing 'hoo raa' along with the miz. Theres so many reasons to hate the guy. One of my WWE highlights is when Austin beat him up when he turned heel. The crowd booed cole then I remember because everybody loves Austin (Tough) and hate Cole (Camp).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Minto wrote:
    Ross will still be here this time next year, WWE needs him. .

I think your right. And this time next year, they'll probably have plans to get rid of him too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Usually I agree with the stuff you post but I'll have to pull you up on this one. Micheal Cole is bad ALL the time.

I like JBL, but he does tend to put himself over at the expense of the guys who he should be doing that for. Face commentators are always up for the face, Cole has annoyed me at times, but not anymore than any other face commentator has. It's like JR and Austin, if you weren't a big fan of Austin then JR would have wrecked your head during his matches

In the world of wrestling commentators, I think Cole is one of the best in the world at the moment. Who could they replace him with? I think they'll have a very hard job. An abundance of colour commentators though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

I can't believe that anyone would consider Mitchel Cole (Nice one Jericho!) to be the top commentator in WWE. Vince seriously must be deaf. He is...quite simply...the....most....ANNOYING man in the world....EVER. I can't stand the way he goes 'oh!' for almost every punch. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!! I HATE MICHEAL COLE!!!!!
    Here here. He is a truely awful commentator.

Fozzy wrote:
    I like JBL, but he does tend to put himself over at the expense of the guys who he should be doing that for.
    I think he puts guys over way more than anybody in WWE. For example every time Matt Hardy is wrestling he keeps saying that he is a main event waiting to happen. He constantly calls Gregory Helms Smackdown's best kept secret and a possible world champion for the future. He is also constantly singing the praises of London and Kendrick. What about MVP? He talks about him as if he's the best thing since sliced bread. Same goes for Finlay. He also never says a word wrong about Benoit. If you think about it, JBL is really good at putting guys over. Yes he does bring up stuff about how great he was as both a single and tag wrestler but thats all to enhance his heel persona but to be honest I enjoy his self promoting style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I agree 100%. Michael Cole is like an over excited school boy. Sounds like one too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think he puts guys over way more than anybody in WWE. For example every time Matt Hardy is wrestling he keeps saying that he is a main event waiting to happen. He constantly calls Gregory Helms Smackdown's best kept secret and a possible world champion for the future. He is also constantly singing the praises of London and Kendrick. What about MVP? He talks about him as if he's the best thing since sliced bread. Same goes for Finlay. He also never says a word wrong about Benoit. If you think about it, JBL is really good at putting guys over. Yes he does bring up stuff about how great he was as both a single and tag wrestler but thats all to enhance his heel persona but to be honest I enjoy his self promoting style.

That sums up exactly how I feel about JBL, the guys is great! He is probably one of the best heels in the WWE over the past 5 - 10 years. When he wants to really get the crowd to hate him, he can but when he wants the crowd to cheer for him, he pulls that off to. Hopefully he'll be back in the ring soon. I'd love to see him fued with Triple H on RAW.

Long live JBL.....The Wrestling (and Commentating) GOD!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Minto wrote:
    That sums up exactly how I feel about JBL, the guys is great! He is probably one of the best heels in the WWE over the past 5 - 10 years. When he wants to really get the crowd to hate him, he can but when he wants the crowd to cheer for him, he pulls that off to. Hopefully he'll be back in the ring soon. I'd love to see him fued with Triple H on RAW.

Long live JBL.....The Wrestling (and Commentating) GOD!!!

Agreed. He always has something controversial and humourous to say. I love the way he insults Cole and sometimes includes tidbits from real life situations of himself or the wrestlers into his commentary. I also like the way he puts over wrestlers he admires regardless of whether they are a heel or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Here here. He is a truely awful commentator.

No one can say "OH MY!" or IT'S THE WORMS!!! THE WORMS!!! quite like Michael Cole can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

so who would commentate with Michael Cole On Smackdown??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I love the way he insults Cole and sometimes includes tidbits from real life situations of himself or the wrestlers into his commentary. I also like the way he puts over wrestlers he admires regardless of whether they are a heel or not.
    agreed....hes one hell of a commentator....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

id rather joey styles than cole,cole isnt bad sometimes but he really should know the names of moves at this stage hes been announcing since 1999 for gods sake,joey styles is like a walking encyclopedia of moves but cole just says "what an innovative move!" for something he doesnt know whats its called

Advertisement