Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elections in Wexford

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

I had Liam Twoomey pepole around the kilmore area last week, i opened the door and said no way am i voting fine gael and closed the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Badabing wrote:
    I had Liam Twoomey pepole around the kilmore area last week, i opened the door and said no way am i voting fine gael and closed the door!
    I really hope that he doesn't get in, I can't stand the man. The idea of him as minister for health frightens me.

I really hope that he doesn't get in, I can't stand the man. The idea of him as minister for health frightens me.

I agree 100%, him like alot of fine gael people are so smug and annoy me, they tell us wats wrong with the country but have no answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

RadioRetro wrote:

He says he's "a non-candidate with a non-campaign" and won't be canvassing, leafleting or postering as he's an environmentalist. Which beats the Greens anyway!

I suspect he might beat them at the polls too. Their candidate isn't exactly high profile, nor , I'd guess, a heavyweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

i know, but a minister for health from wexford could be good for the county, and if fine gael get in, they'll go with labour and brendan howlin will probably get a ministerial post too!! that could be two wexford ministers!!

• Advertisement

Meh.. I don't think the fact that Twomey would be a minister for health would have that much of an impact on Wexford.

Howlin would be very good though I think, he is good on local issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Four thrid year girls on our Green Commitee were canvassing in new ross for the Green Party...

Any of the party leaders coming around supporting the local candidates? Met McDowell the other day, but it was in Ranelagh (his constituency)

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bazzer06

timmywex wrote:
    i know, but a minister for health from wexford could be good for the county, and if fine gael get in, they'll go with labour and brendan howlin will probably get a ministerial post too!! that could be two wexford ministers!!

I've said it once and i'll say it again - 1992 - 1997 3 MINISTERS!!!!!
    Results? Nada. really dont fancy "tasting the rainbow" again. leave that to the skittles

Yates was good - there was a good bit of infrastructure and the like (N11 for example)

However, I don't think that we will be seeing what is currently needed for wex; new schools and facilites aimed to service the huge number of new houses that are sprining up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

bazzer06 wrote:
    I've said it once and i'll say it again - 1992 - 1997 3 MINISTERS!!!!!
    Results? Nada. really dont fancy "tasting the rainbow" again. leave that to the skittles

EPA hq and dept of ag offices?

BTW Coca Cola were to be based in Wexford, plant was moved to Mayo at the behest of FF+PDS

jd wrote:
    EPA hq and dept of ag offices?

A blight on the land.. bloody ugly building..

But its good that Wex got them!

Turns out I am registered to vote - though the online register wasn't picking me up.

Long drive home after exams to get back, vote, and then turn round and drive back to Dublin again... wonder if I can get my fuel bill off whomever it is I'm voting for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Willow-bird

^^^ Idk, I think that register is messed up. I got my voting card this week and so did my Daughter, which was a bit surprising as she is only 8!!!!!!

its been a long time to since a poll in wexford, i think that lisa mcdonald will get in, she is the only woman going and a lot of women will vote for this!!also, she is a young mother which they like aswell and she is giving out pens and whatnot

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭arseagon

timmywex wrote:
    its been a long time to since a poll in wexford, i think that lisa mcdonald will get in, she is the only woman going and a lot of women will vote for this!!also, she is a young mother which they like aswell and she is giving out pens and whatnot
    lol 3 great reasons there why people should give her their vote :rolleyes:
    But unfortunately you are right, these things will help her get elected.

Don't think she'll get in..

Thats not to say that I wouldn't like to see her elected, but just don't think that she will make it.

Have sent a couple of PM's to the South East Mod asking him to put some kind of a poll online here.. still waiting for a reply though.

as some of ye know, bertie was in gorey for a wgile yesterday, i was there and its the first time i met connick, all i can say is he is the most ignorant person i have met in a while, him and his people were trying to push everyone out of the way and his people were pushing people around to get him in front of bertie, id hate to see him getting in tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

i'm hearing from many people - young and middle-aged - that sean connick is worth voting for

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

First time voter here, Am voting Brendan.

• Advertisement

connick, browne and howlin elected. kehoe and darcy look like they will get in, http://www.rte.ie/news/elections2007/results/constit-42.html

kehoe elected on count 6, darcy will be elected, mcdonald in sixth(will be eliminated)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I am extremely glad McDonald didn't get in.

I went right off her the time of the "Echo scandal"... i heard her on the radio, and thought she was terrible.

I didn't fill her in as no. 11 on my voting card. Stopped at 10

No suprises really.. I'd have liked to see MacDonald in though..

Pity about Maguire!!

iainnash wrote:
    No suprises really.. I'd have liked to see MacDonald in though..

Pity about Maguire!!

the chances of him getting in!! in fairness, he got a fair few first preferences considering he didnt canvass or anything!!

im happy that darcy got in ahead of twomey, i like something about darcy, not sure what

Bye Bye jumpship!! Twomey the next health minister yeah right in his head maybe.:D

Advertisement