Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for a friend staging a production

Options
  • 13-04-2007 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭

Hey a friend of mine wants to stage a production of MORT and maybe something else.

But if it is to go ahead he needs a venue or something near to a venue for free or almost nothing.

Any ideas or any other advice?

This guy may want to start a theatre company of his own. Where would be a good place to start for him as regards finding a place for shows and to rehearse.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Perhaps he should try asking the Drama League of Ireland

DLI HEAD OFFICE
    Dara Carolan
    The Drama League Of Ireland
    The Mill Theatre,
    Dundrum Town Centre,
    Dundrum,
    Dublin 14.

Its for amateurs but since he isn't interested in paying I assume its appropriate.

(I don't know what if any charges are involved in hiring the Mill Theatre, but the DLI should know what venues are often used by groups as it also looks after the Samuel French amateur royalties)

http://www.dli.ie/resourceservices.htm

Advertisement