Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

360 acting up (Q for gameshop workers)

• 13-04-2007 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

Right, I've had my 360 since launch day and had no problems until I bought Crackdown. First time I put it in it didn't load. Second time it did. Fine. After that I had to keep putting it in/ ejecting between 15-30 times to get it to work (kep getting the message "Unplayable Disc" or "Open Tray").

I figured this was just down to the crackdown disc and I could live with it. However, just bought VT3 and TR: Legend and it's the same bloody thing. All my old games work no problem so I really can't figure out the problem.

Rang the support line and they are basically looking for the €100+ to get it repaired which I'm not going to fork out. In the process they managed to de-activate my Xbox Live account (on which I still had 4+ months left).

All in all not a good experience. My brother bought a 360 recently so I was thinking of using his receipt and bringing it back for a replacement. I know there are a lot of guys here that work in shops so could you tell me if it would work? Otherwise I'm going to get a PS3 and be finished with my Xbox.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That's very very iffy.

Besides, I doubt you need to resort to anything like that, can't you just quote some consumer laws to get them to repair your 360? Aren't we supposed to be covered for a few years because of Irish consumer laws (and probably EU ones too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Couldn't be bothered trying to convince them to repair it for free, I shouldn't have to. As a gamer that buys well over 20 games a year they are the ones who lose out on my business. It's not a case of not having the money to pay them it's more a matter of principal.

I guess I'll keep it as is and use it only for the must have games i.e. Mass Effect, Bioshock etc. Any cross platform games I'll get on the PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

I recently had trouble with my laucnh system, and MS tried to get me to pay 140 to repair it. So I rang up the Office of Director of Consumer Affiars and they siad it was covered for 6 years under Irish law, and that i should bring it back to the shop were it got it and get it replaced or repaired. So I went into Gmestop, quoted the law, showed them my receipt and left with a brand new 360. Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭anto1208

Out of the 3 of us that got 360's 2 died !!

2 of us have now changed to Playstation so its microsofts loss really , allthough they did fix or replace the broken ones for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Vyse bringin your bros receipt will work fine. I work in a game shop and I'd replace it no problem as long as a receipt is present (we have no way of proving it isnt your receipt)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Cheers Slurms. I was waiting for yourself or ProjectMayhem to reply. I did the same thing years ago with a Dreamcast;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah no probs dude, glad to help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

NiSmO wrote:
    This post has been deleted.
    Xtravision aren't very nice when it comes to returning electronics. They limit the return period to 30 days or something and stick to it rigorously. There's been a few threads here and on the Consumer Issues forum about them not allowing the return of faulty 360's/MP3 players.

Advertisement