Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wet/Damp Rear Seats in Celica

Options
  • 13-04-2007 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

OK, I'll try and explain this as well as I can and see if anybody has any ideas....
    A few months back I noticed the rear seats in my celica were damp to the touch. So after taking them out I noticed pools of water (smells and looks like water anyway) under both sides which was obviously filtering up through the foam into the seat. At that point I dried them out fully, looked around for leaks - couldn't find any so put the seats back in and monitored the situation.
    Wednesday night I notice the same thing - seats are wet again.
    My only thought was around air conditioning/condensation but the front seats are fine but then they don't sit into the same metal type base.
    Any ideas how they are getting wet - no leaks are obvious and nobody has used the seats so no spillage or anything has happened.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Happend my dad in his passat..checked for leaks and could find no obvious ones, turns out water was gettin through the boot!! A bit of the rubber seal had loosend and the water was gradually filtering in and settling under the rear seats.Have you checked around the boot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Water leaks are very difficult to find. Did you recently fit new rear lights by any chance? Poor fitting lexus lights often leave a gap between the light and the bodywork and need to be sealed. If the lights have condensation in them this could be the cause. Otherwise it may be somewhere in the boot. Try lifting up the carpet and the spare wheel and see if its damp in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

Thanks, I'll check the boot later (no mods to lights etc) but I'd be surprised if there was a leak seeing as we've had little or no rain in the last few weeks but the aircon would be on most of the time which is why I was thinking that direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Does the Celica have drains in the rear sills ? Could be these are blocked and water is making its way onto the carpet or under the seats, then being soaked up by the seat-foam.

Otherwise - check the rear screen rubbers, and the boot as was suggested.

Might be best to rip the seats out temporarily and have someone hose the car from the outside while you are inside looking for water

Advertisement