Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labour cost of changing radiators

Options
  • 13-04-2007 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Could anyone estimate how much it would cost to replace thirteen radiators? Five of them are to be replaced with radiators the same length as the existing ones ( double convector higher output) and eight of them are longer than the existing ones so the pipes would have to be adapted to fit.

Any estimates would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I got 4 replaced recently and it cost me about €230.

1 large double

1 large single

2 small singles

It was 2 days work and was very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

All of mine where the same size as the ones to be replaced so I've no idea on the pipe work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

The longer ones may require the floor to be dug up (if its concrete) to extend the pipes!

EDIT - When I say dug up, I mean chased around the area of the radiator so the pipe is hidden under the floor!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

You do know that newer radiators are smaller than older ones ,this is why they are more effecient ???

Covering over marks from old radiators is false economy.

Advertisement