Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card question

Options
  • 13-04-2007 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi guys hope ye are all well.
    i recently got a credit and i got the payment method set to direct debit.
    does this mean that my credit card bill will be paid automatically without any involvment from me?
    i also have a current account with the same bank that issued me with the credit card, if that's of any relevance.
    excuse my ignorance on this one :(
    thanks
    ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

It means it will be taken on the specified day of the month you've chosen from your current account that you put on the Direct Debit Mandate.
    Try pay it off in full each month to avoid paying interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The most basic answer is yes, it will. This is providing your direct debit is set to 100%, which means all outstanding moneys are paid off.

If your direct debit is set to 20%, then it'll only pay off 20% and interest will build up on the rest.

I know I'm forever asking questions in here, but it is a good idea to ring up your CC issuer too (number on back of card) and confirm these details with them. They've generally been pretty helpful when I've spoken to them.

Advertisement