Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom email address

Options
  • 13-04-2007 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

My primary email address is an eircom one - I got it when I used them for dialup.
    When I moved to ESAT Broadband I still kept the Eircom address.

Now I'm tempted to take ESATs new Phone + Broadband package. This would cut my ties with Eircom - no more landline fee.

Would I lose my eircom email address?
    I can't get any clarity from eircoms website/support service on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭nuada

As far as I know, if you have one of their free webmail addresses you wont lose it.
    I'd say just email them and ask them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

ive had an eircom address for about 10 years.
    ive had it through all different providers including irish broadband wireless and now magnet which is non-eircom also

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah I still have an old eircom address from my dialup days. Don't use it much but it works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

My Dad still used his when he switched to Perlico. It costs them almost nothing to give you an email address.

I switched my email from eircom to gmail to get rid of the eircom extension. I don't like advertising them.

Advertisement