Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom settings using a BT Router...?

Options
  • 13-04-2007 4:49pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am changing BB provider from BT back to eircom,I am without BB for a while now and its doing my head in I am just waiting for the eircom router to arrive.Would it be possible for me to use my BT router...?Its a BT Voyager 2110,and if so what settings would I need to change...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

same provider, username and password.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

stanley1 wrote:
    same provider, username and password.

I am not sure what you mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i used an eircom modem with my bt bb a few days ago so it sohuld be possible. change the settings in the router to your own and you should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

Enter your Eircom username/password in place of the BT one, all other settings are the same.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Thanks I will give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Dub13 wrote:
    I am changing BB provider from BT back to eircom,I am without BB for a while now and its doing my head in I am just waiting for the eircom router to arrive.Would it be possible for me to use my BT router...?Its a BT Voyager 2110,and if so what settings would I need to change...?

Of course you can. Reset the Voyager 2110 and then open IE and enter the default gate of 192.168.1.1. Enter the
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: eircom or password, not sure. Hit connect

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I think password might be broadband 1

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

From Eircom.net broadband support:
    Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8