Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 increased monthly data allowance to 30GB in Austria

• 13-04-2007 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭

3 have just (well, in the past few weeks anyway) increased the data allowance to 30 GB a month in Austria. And the offer includes roam like home, so you can in fact use it in Ireland.

Any chance of this happening here I wonder? We're still limited to 3 GB.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

They have also launched an option where you can get 500 MB a month for €10 a month. I might be picking myself one of these up next time I am in Austria, since again roam like home is included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

that is ridiculous, as usual us irish are being raped by telcos
    we should all petition 3 and ask why do austrians get 10 times the quaota we do?
    how can there be such a massive variation in 3s price plans aross the eu?

I think their offer in Italy is still the best: 20GB a month (split into 5GB a week) for just €9 if you add it on to an existing voice plan and use it as a modem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

I think their offer in Italy is still the best: 20GB a month (split into 5GB a week) for just €9 if you add it on to an existing voice plan and use it as a modem.

That is ONLY available for business users.

I have been told that ours will change soon and will soon be more like the Italian offer (for consumers) of 19€ for 5GB a month.

This is great news -and before we go knocking 3 Ireland, let us consider that they are blazing a trail here. There is nothing like it on 3 UK and as for the new 5£ a month X-series add-on over there -it can ONLY be used on mobiles (no it WILL NOT WORK as a modem) and even as such is restricted -so no fring, no Skype mo Messenger on an E61 and a whole lot more.

• Advertisement

That 30GB data allowance does cost 59€ all the same. One thing I noticed is that they are offering HSDPA at 7,2 -infinitely more interesting.

culabula wrote:
    That is ONLY available for business users.

Good point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

This would be for getting online with your laptop, right?

What's the cheapest option available in Austria and do you reckon it's possible to buy one off an Austrian website and get it shipped and use it with the airwaves here as a wireless connection?

cormie wrote:
    This would be for getting online with your laptop, right?

What's the cheapest option available in Austria and do you reckon it's possible to buy one off an Austrian website and get it shipped and use it with the airwaves here as a wireless connection?

Definitely not: the only way would be to get an Austrian friend to procure one and settle up with him monthly, as I intended to do with an Italian mate.

I thought you said the Italian offer was only for business, does your mate there have a business?

• Advertisement

I wasn't going to go for that -I was going to go for the 5GB @ 19€ a month. I don't know if he's registered for VAT or not and I haven't asked him yet. But the thing is I have been told that the Irish tariffs will be falling into line so I thought I'd wait. If things don't work, i really don't want to pester him into phoning CS all the time......

While 30GB or 5GB (or 20) is clearly better than three, I don't actually consume all that much and what was more important was getting my hands on the 3 version of the USB Modem. Now that I have an N95, that's no longer quite as necessary.

I thought you said the Italian offer was only for business, does your mate there have a business?

Just to be clear the Tre Italia offer of 5GB a week for 9€ a month *on top* of your existing mobile tariff IS for VAT-registered Italians only. The consumer version is 49€ for the USB modem and thereafter 19€ per month for the allocation of 5GB a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

I have a friend working for 3 and tod me that their broadbands are due to be changed in the coming months and will become more attractive to what they are currently offering

Walkman wrote:
    I have a friend working for 3 and tod me that their broadbands are due to be changed in the coming months and will become more attractive to what they are currently offering

Hopefully this week or next; should be rising to 10GB @ 19€ a month with the introduction of the USB Modem. I heard too that they'll be encouraging mammoth sales, targeting homes, and giving them away practically abandoning the existing credit check.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Walkman wrote:

I hope this is not the same friend that gave you this information:D
    Walkman wrote:
    I have a 3 datacard and HSDPA phone,always get HSDPA speeds, you can get these speeds whenever you are in 3's 3g coverage no matter how many are in the cell.

Hope your right on the new info though!

What happens to existing customers on the €39.99/month 3000Mb plan?

Advertisement