Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Nokia 8600

• 13-04-2007 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭

Found this on the carphone warehouse site. Looks good, supposedly the Nokia 8600 Luna. Looks good, hope the battery life is a bit better than the 8800.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Dont like the look of it and its going to be highly overpriced as usual. I had the 8800 and it was nothing special and was just a hype.Battery life was crap

drdre wrote:
    Dont like the look of it and its going to be highly overpriced as usual. I had the 8800 and it was nothing special and was just a hype.Battery life was crap

I think i have changed my mind of what i said before as i just ordered a new nokia 8600.Hope its better than the sirocco and hope its got bettery battery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

hhmmm I might get one just to see what all the fuss is about as I have an option on them!

Did you get yours yet drdre?

jrey1981 wrote:
    hhmmm I might get one just to see what all the fuss is about as I have an option on them!

Did you get yours yet drdre?

Should get it tommorrow, Bloody TNT couriers tried to deliver it to the wrong address.I hope its here at my address tommorrow or it should be monday.I cant wait.I love having new phones :)

Should have one on monday too. I'll be selling it though :D

• Advertisement

jrey1981 wrote:
    Should have one on monday too. I'll be selling it though :D

Hope i have mine tommorrow.Why dont you just keep it for a while and then sell it.:)

I just got my 8600 this morning.It looks like a nice phone.I will give you my verdict after i use it for the day.Hope the verdict is good after paying so much :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

drdre wrote:
    I just got my 8600 this morning.It looks like a nice phone.I will give you my verdict after i use it for the day.Hope the verdict is good after paying so much :D

Where did you order from and how much did you pay?

Where did you order from and how much did you pay?
    Got it from a supplier in the uk, It cost me close to 800.I know it mught be expensive but i love having the latest phone.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

drdre wrote:
    Got it from a supplier in the uk, It cost me close to 800.I know it mught be expensive but i love having the latest phone.:)

true it might be expensive to some but its all relative though is'nt it?:D

• Advertisement

Right need abit of help,I thought the glass bit has a touch pad so when the phone is closed you can still touch the keypad to make a phone call.Im 995 sure i read it somewhere that it has this feature.Where can i find out more as i looked through the manual quickly and cant find much on this topic.

Hope someone can help me out :)

Has anyone else got this phone,It came with no software cd and i tried to connect it to my computer but its not working.I looked on the net and cant find a driver.Can anyone help me in this matter and the question i asked before which was does it have a touch pad on the glass as i read it does but cant get it to work:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Someone posted up on engadget that it doesn't have touch sensitive glass
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/31/nokia-8600-luna-gets-official/

Nice phone though, that purple theme looks nice, I find it hard to find good themes for the s40 Nokias.

sharkman wrote:
    Which "Supplier" ???

He is a relative down the line, not really close .I wont give out details as i use him for my phone addiction :D

Can anyone help me in this matter.I cant get me phone connected to my laptop.It comes with no bloody drivers.

haven't got mine yet as there was a slight delay. Will give you a shout when I get it. I'm guessing it will have the CD.

jrey1981 wrote:
    haven't got mine yet as there was a slight delay. Will give you a shout when I get it. I'm guessing it will have the CD.

Thanks jrey.Please let me know.I cant see a cd unless im going blind ;)

I thought it would be easy to download from the net but cant find much info on the phone.Its an amazing phone.I think im just going to keep it until i get fed up, its got a great clear 2 mega pixel camera, has the looks and easy to use features also 1gb memory.

I have to say it does look nice in all the pics! I'm hoping it'll be with me tomorrow or Wednesday latest.

jrey1981 wrote:
    I have to say it does look nice in all the pics! I'm hoping it'll be with me tomorrow or Wednesday latest.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

drdre wrote:
    Has anyone else got this phone,It came with no software cd and i tried to connect it to my computer but its not working.I looked on the net and cant find a driver.Can anyone help me in this matter and the question i asked before which was does it have a touch pad on the glass as i read it does but cant get it to work:D

Your the one with the manual!
    There is F all about this phone on the web.. manual is your best bet

• Advertisement

DrDre, another delay but I've put two by at a better price which should be with me early next week - at least that's what I've been told.

JohnnieM wrote:
    Your the one with the manual!
    There is F all about this phone on the web.. manual is your best bet

Thanks johnnie,I went though it at a quick glance but couldnt see much about it.I will have a slow read though it but just busy with work and on the road all day makes it hard to do that.:D

From what I can see on the web (and its limited) it doesn't have a touch screen...

JohnnieM wrote:
    From what I can see on the web (and its limited) it doesn't have a touch screen...

Ok it looks like i must be in dream land.Anyway it still a beautiful phone so im not let done just because of that feature.I cant remember where i read it on the net.

sharkman wrote:
    And one more time : Why wont you give out his details ???

I wouldnt worry about his details... IMO:its pointless buying a phone like that in the uk befor they are released here as you cant get firmware updates etc etc... best to wait till they avail

JohnnieM wrote:
    I wouldnt worry about his details... IMO:its pointless buying a phone like that in the uk befor they are released here as you cant get firmware updates etc etc... best to wait till they avail

You can get firmware here,MPRC will have it soon.You dont need it as the phone is working perfectly.And i am 1 of only afew people who might have this phone in ireland.I got the 2nd day it was out by nokia.;)

Have it soon.. thats they dont have it... They most likely wont get it either until the phone need to be supported...ie when its for sale here..
    of course its working perfectly its 2 days old give it a while...:D

JohnnieM wrote:
    Have it soon.. thats they dont have it... They most likely wont get it either until the phone need to be supported...ie when its for sale here..
    of course its working perfectly its 2 days old give it a while...:D

The softwares of all new phones are updated it on a nokia website thats accesable though nokia repair centres so it will be available.There wont be any update yet as its such a new phone.I know as i know a person who runs a nokia repair centre in dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Dre, you dropped this.

On topic; the 8600 looks a nice piece of kit, but the lack of touch pad input is a turn off.

I would also wait until the software becomes available before speculating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

all off topic posts have been deleted - and will continue to be deleted
    sharkman - if you've got a problem with drdre, report it to the admins - this isn't the place

Advertisement