Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Nokia 8600

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Jrey, any news on your 8600?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

drdre wrote:
    I think i have changed my mind of what i said before as i just ordered a new nokia 8600.Hope its better than the sirocco and hope its got bettery battery

Whats wrong with the Sirocco???

Ace2007 wrote:
    Whats wrong with the Sirocco???

Battery life is crap compared to the 8600.I use the phone alot and 8600 has never gone dead on me and never dropped to its last bar.So im a happy camper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

drdre wrote:
    Jrey, any news on your 8600?

Supplier got them yesterday but I'm not sure if I want to get them now as I don't want to be stuck with them and it's a lot of cash to lay out!

I got an E65 in for someone but she changed her mind which is annoying.

jrey1981 wrote:
    Supplier got them yesterday but I'm not sure if I want to get them now as I don't want to be stuck with them and it's a lot of cash to lay out!

I got an E65 in for someone but he changed his mind which is annoying.

Alright no problem.I am still trying to find a driver for the phone.If you can find out for me if its available that would be great as i tried nokia site and nothings available.

• Advertisement

Really happy, Just got the drivers to work :)

got the 8600 Luna today after a brief delay.

Very cool.

jrey1981 wrote:
    got the 8600 Luna today after a brief delay.

Very cool.

Yeah its amazing, I love it and dont want to sell it for a while. :)

as far as I can tell however, it's basically a Nokia 6300 in fancy casing!

jrey1981 wrote:
    as far as I can tell however, it's basically a Nokia 6300 in fancy casing!

Yeah i have the 6300.Most of the nokia phones are just recased and sold as a different model so this is the same thing.But still its a nice looking phone and thats what you pay for.

• Advertisement

considering the cost of a 6300 though, it's expensive casing!

I'd like to keep my 8600, but I just can't justify it. What if I dropped it and scratched the casing or broke the glass? I'd probably cry :D :eek:

Whereas with my 6230i I'll just buy a new fascia.

jrey1981 wrote:
    considering the cost of a 6300 though, it's expensive casing!

I'd like to keep my 8600, but I just can't justify it. What if I dropped it and scratched the casing or broke the glass? I'd probably cry :D :eek:

Whereas with my 6230i I'll just buy a new fascia.

Yeah i would agree with you.I am keeping it for a while i have had it for afew weeks and thank god no stratch or crack and hope it stays this way.I know if i let it fall i would be gutted as it would cost minimum 150 to replace the casing.I just seen the new version of the N95 today.Its going to be black and have a larger screen and a better video quality.I used it today as my friend works in nokia.The ba$tard gets free phones and has 2 n95's and a 8600 and got the 8600 late 2006 as he tests the phones. :( I would love that job.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

I just seen the new version of the N95 today.Its going to be black and have a larger screen and a better video quality

Yup we got word on that phone and its details last week, sounds groovy

JNive wrote:
    Yup we got word on that phone and its details last week, sounds groovy

Yeah but i heard it wont be out till early next year here.The black looks amazing and has a great suede feel to it.Cant wait for it to come out.Where do you work?

that new n95 sounds cool.

jrey1981 wrote:
    that new n95 sounds cool.

Yeah its got a nice suede feel to it. And of course the black colour makes it look nicer.

any pics at all?

Had my second ever call about the 8600 Luna today...from a builder. I advised him it's not really the kind of phone you want on a building site :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Even though I love my n93, I'm itchy for a change. It's going to be either the e90 (For tech, but I can't believe they left the fax out this time around), or the 8600 for chic. Decisions decisions!

ned78 wrote:
    Even though I love my n93, I'm itchy for a change. It's going to be either the e90 (For tech, but I can't believe they left the fax out this time around), or the 8600 for chic. Decisions decisions!

Im in love with the 8600.Seriously lovely phone and not a bother with battery at all.Never ran low on me and i use the phone alot.

jrey1981 wrote:
    any pics at all?

Had my second ever call about the 8600 Luna today...from a builder. I advised him it's not really the kind of phone you want on a building site :D

Was the first one a prank call.I hate when someone calls you and dont have the money in the first place and the worst is last week someone rang me and mentioned that the 8800 sirocco is newer than the 8600 :D
    He must be a bloody fool :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

i'll have another look at the ole roadmap tomorrow just to satisfy my own curiosity , ha ha ha :-)

JNive wrote:
    i'll have another look at the ole roadmap tomorrow just to satisfy my own curiosity , ha ha ha :-)

:)

drdre wrote:
    Was the first one a prank call.I hate when someone calls you and dont have the money in the first place and the worst is last week someone rang me and mentioned that the 8800 sirocco is newer than the 8600 :D
    He must be a bloody fool :)

No it wasn't a prank call. He wasn't sure whether to get the 8600 luna or the N95. Hopefully he's buying an N95 instead

jrey1981 wrote:
    No it wasn't a prank call. He wasn't sure whether to get the 8600 luna or the N95. Hopefully he's buying an N95 instead

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

sorry to necro the old posts,

got mine today for 201 euron's from ebay. its absolutely beautiful. really slim and delicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hey all,

Anyone got a price for the 8600?

I have an 8800 Sirocco, is it worth changing for the 8600??

jamieh wrote:
    Hey all,

Anyone got a price for the 8600?

I have an 8800 Sirocco, is it worth changing for the 8600??
    8600 is much bette than the sirocco,the battery is the best bit

Advertisement