Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics->?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Tomlowe wrote:
    I heard today that I'm going to have to produce an experiments book or else not sit the exam... balls

herrrrhar stinger, hope i dont arve to or else i'll have to get writing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭sd123

one thing should be said if leaving out a topic.
    DONT LEAVE OUT STATIC ELECTRICITY ( IE COULOUMBS LAW ETC.) ALTHOUGH UNBELIEVABLY BOOOOOORING SOME OF THE QUESTIONS IN THE LAST FEW YEARS HAVE BEEN AMAZINGLY EASY

apparantly barely no one does this question cos its really un interesting but once you know the definitions and the formula its pretty easy to get almost full marks!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

sd123 wrote:
    one thing should be said if leaving out a topic.
    DONT LEAVE OUT STATIC ELECTRICITY ( IE COULOUMBS LAW ETC.) ALTHOUGH UNBELIEVABLY BOOOOOORING SOME OF THE QUESTIONS IN THE LAST FEW YEARS HAVE BEEN AMAZINGLY EASY

apparantly barely no one does this question cos its really un interesting but once you know the definitions and the formula its pretty easy to get almost full marks!:D
    It's not the worst question, in fairness. There question seems to be rather similar each time it appears too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Yes i'm beginning to question Electricty..

If i do Modern Science and Particle Science = 2.5 Q's

If i do Mechanics = 1.5 Q's

and then do all thos easier chapters = at least 1 Q

The theoretically i can leave out Electricty?

mmmmmm interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭fuinneamh

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Physics is the shortest course I do bar App Maths. I could revise the whole course in a week....

have revision notes that amount to 9-10 A4 pages of main body of course and then summarised versions of the experiments in mainly diagram form. enables me to do a good revision of the physics course in around 2 hours, though i must say economics is shorter at an amazing 8 A4 pages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

I've a question for all ye physics nerds...mainly looking at JC 2K3 ;)

How does dispersion occur on a CD?

Also don't just copy and paste the book's explaination, I haven't a clue what it's talking about!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

CDs are made up of minute indents of different levels depending on the data and when white light falls on the light waves are reflected back at different angles. As white light is made up of light waves of many different wavelengths(ie. colours), the colours are dispersed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

Possibly you meant it to be understood but isn't dispersion on a CD very similar to that of a diffraction grating? only, hypothetically, one with a mirror behind it. Light hits tiny indent, is reflected back out through tiny gap=>diffraction=>interference pattern=>colours
    that's what I thought anyway....

Advertisement