Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scratching Rattling Noise from Rear floor

Options
  • 13-04-2007 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Bit of a strange query here, i have a Nissan Primera and i have noticed in the past short while, when driving around the max speed limit, i can hear a scratching rattling noise which appears to be coming from the back (think its the floor ) , the more welly i give the accelerator the worse it gets.
    Only happens when driving in 5th and going good speed.
    Anyone have any clues ?

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

check the exhaust for broken clips that holds it tight to the body.
    It could also be inside the box as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

mice/rats;) sounds like the exhaust brackets are loose, and only rattle with speed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Have your catalytic convertor checked. It does sound more like the exhaust pipe is rubbing the chassis, but if the catalytic convertor monolith is loose it can make all sorts of weird noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Cheers for the reply folks, getting it serviced with a Nissan dealer next friday so will ask for the full check and drop in your advice to the conversation .

Another problem now this morning which happened before, the warning noise and display on the screen which comes on when you dont put on your seat belt stays on even after you click in the sea belt, it freezes the screen and only disapears when i switch off the engine, get out and lock the car.
    When it freezes i cant access the radio/cd players/ air con/ demisters etc ?

Any clues on this one ? Computer problem in the car ?
    Nissan dealer is going to love me next friday

Thanks again for any clues you can give me
    Cheers

Advertisement