Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Shops .....

Options
  • 13-04-2007 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

I have a project that is currently contributing items to the Limerick Animal Welfare shop but would like a couple more causes (Shops) ......

Any views ..... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mrs. Quinn's...It's local AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Oxfam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

i wouldn't give anything to oxfam as long as they have the money for TV adverts and to pay the muggers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Found these through a UL link ......
    Second Hand Charity Shops

The following is a list of some of the second hand charity shops in Limerick City:
    Barnardos: 5 Upper William Street
    Bothar: 44 upper William street (charity Shop and African art)
    Mrs. Quinn’s Charity Shop: 41 Upper William Street
    Second Chance: Wickham Street
    Enable Ireland: 4 Upper William Street
    Concern: 34 William Street

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Jesus william street is really riddled with charity shops innit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Mrs. Quinns is now at 5 Upper William Street. no idea where Barnardos are gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Jesus william street is really riddled with charity shops innit.

I was thinking that myself ..... strange isn't it .... :confused:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

i wouldn't give anything to oxfam as long as they have the money for TV adverts and to pay the muggers...

Oxfam Ireland are the most cost effective charity in the country. They pledge that 100% of all direct donations and at least 90% of all other money raised goes directly to aid works. Which considering that campaigning is part of their mandate is incredibly impressive.

They will freely admit that the whole chugger thing is annoying, but when they had a trial run of the scheme in Dublin they took over €1,000,000 in 9 months. After costs. Turning down that kind of money would have been irresponsible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Concern are gone as well and Miss Quinns are not local have seen them all over the country

Advertisement