Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technical Support Provided By Your ISP

Options
  • 13-04-2007 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I'm sure there was thread posted similar before, but could not find one anywhere.

I was just wondering what people think of there ISP technical support in general. I know they are limited in what they can do and probably get loads of calls everyday. I have a work colleague who is with the same ISP as myself and he has had nothing but problems in the last 2wks and says he has spent hours on the telephone to technical.

I saw another thread here that suggested the Irish market was 10years behind most other EU country's. I heard the other day that in sweden they can get speeds of 100MB? which seems like a decade away from here with ISP's. I generally never have a problem with my broadband provider. I can think ive only have a one BIG problem which took a week to fix.

I just want to hear some Horror stories and also if anyone has anything positive to say :):)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I'm with ntl at the moment. Calling their customer service is a complete waste of time, they won't know what your talking about and they'll give you some crap about sending a technician out in a couple of months. He won't show up anyway. You'd have a better chance praying and asking Jesus to fix it for you.

I'm in the process of switching to Smart.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

On Smart here too - very rarely have had occasion to use tech support as the line is rock solid (whacking out a lovely 6.4MBps down/499kbps up constantly - I'm on the 6MB product - upgraded for an extra fiver), but rang them today for advice on a wireless setup I'm planning and they were extremely helpful.

The response on their support boards is very good too, from what I see.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, I've found the Smart support forums a handy and useful feature. I haven't had to ring them yet, so can't comment on support via the phone.

Advertisement