Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible to set up company and be an employee?

Options
  • 14-04-2007 1:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

I am currently self-employed but would like to set up my own company in order to have my 'individual rights' separate from my business activities, e.g. being a salaried employee in another EU country, while running a business in Ireland (no physical presence is required afaik, correct me if I'm wrong).

Is this possible? My business is services and Internet based.

I get confused any time I read about this topic, so if anyone can report from personal experience, this would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭information

lola_run wrote:
    I am currently self-employed but would like to set up my own company in order to have my 'individual rights' separate from my business activities, e.g. being a salaried employee in another EU country, while running a business in Ireland (no physical presence is required afaik, correct me if I'm wrong).

Is this possible?
    Not sure what you asking.

If you setup a company it is a seperate entity from you and you are free to do what ever you want as an individual.
    Income earned by the company will belong to the company, so you will have to be an employee of the company or get dividends to extract the cash.

If you setup up a company in Ireland, you will need a physical registered office in Ireland and 2 directors.

Advertisement