Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please Broadband problems

Options
  • 14-04-2007 6:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Ok let me start off. Im on a 2mb up/down wireless from fastcom broadband in sligo. I mostly use the net for gaming. I would have xfire,vent,irc and counter strike source open at once. It is mostly fine all the time. Well when i mean fine i mean ping spikes in css O: because its wireless.

I have been having a lot of problems atm with using ventrilo and playing counter strike. My ping is fine in css but im always vent lagging the ping keeps spiking.
    But i can use vent while im not on css and its fine. I have turned off all other things like xfire , irc etc and its still no good.

I called my isp today and he said he didnt know what was wrong. He said my speeds where fine, which they are and so is my ping. I can download no problem at 200 k/b but when it comes to using css and vent its a laggy hell.

Can someone Please help me as i really need to use vent and css at the same time.

Cheers ZonE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭highlight100

Sounds like your system requirements for some of the games are not up to scratch.
    eg most games require directX 9.0,
    3.0 GHZ processor,
    etc....

This would result in game lagging,check your system requirements for each game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

amd 64 4000+
    8800 gts
    4 gb ram
    250gb hd

I dont think its that :) and its not the game its the ventrilo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Is the voice "choppy" ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

nah its just that i lag out and im 30 secs behind everyone

Advertisement