Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership/FA Cup Football

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

SofaKing wrote:
    Was that Fabregas' first league goal of the season ? :/
    Yep.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal should have scored about 8 goals there.

3 points though and CL football is all but assured now. Woop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Liverpool v City match was one that would make you think no points should be given out for a 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

SofaKing wrote:

Was that Fabregas' first league goal of the season ? :/

yeah and i was about to post earlier about how he has to get one eventually with all the times he's been so close, didn't want to jinx him though:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

So who actually watched the Man City - Liverpool game? It's no wonder Dunphy + Giles hate them so much. They're forced to watch them every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

City - Liverpool game... worst I've watched all season.

Liverpool looked jaded, even the players who were rested midweek. Carra especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I bailed out for the last 15 in the hope that Mike65s Law of the Unseen Liverpool Goal would kick in!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

PiE wrote:
    Liverpool looked jaded, even the players who were rested midweek. Carra especially.
    They looked happy to take the draw to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

What jackass in RTÉ decided on it? There were two other games on that meant something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yeah it was a strange choice, it had 0-0 snorefest written all over it. Neither team with much to play for as far as the league goes.

The only choice RTE ever have to make is whether to show Liverpool or United when they're both playing on a Saturday at 3pm.

Actually they did go through a phase of showing nothing but Chelsea. My god that was boring. I'll expect Sunderland to feature heavily next year. Especially as they won't be playing alot of early/late kick offs or on Sundays like the big teams will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

absolutely amazed the Arsenal Bolton game wasnt shown.

Really pissed off with that l'pool game - terrible stuff!

Foolishly put a Tener on pool to win to nil. thankfully had 2e each way on Slim Pickings in the grand national so got 20 back. Ended up even as lost a few other speculative football bets. on a really bad run with football bets at the moment, think ill take a break from it for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

That liverpool/city game was probably the most boring liverpool game I've seen all season. One of the rte commentators said, it was like city were playing for a 0-0 draw, well it was like both teams were in my opinion. I am a liverpool supporter but even I think city should have narrowly won, that shot hitting the crossbar + what do people think of the ref not giving them a penalty for carraghers handball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

bah, 1-0 to united,

almost effortless for rooney, can't see this going watford's way at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I'll expect Sunderland to feature heavily next year

That wont happen but only because they wont have the rights to live games.

• Advertisement

Watford doing alright, Utd have got a real defence problem for Tuesdays game, the Blades will proberly fancy putting some serious physical pressure on a backline thats increasingly "mend and make do".

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United's defense is just getting weaker and weaker and weaker.
    I hope Rio isn't injured, because if he is, we could see
    O'Shea-Brown-Heinze-Evra for a few matches.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    That wont happen but only because they wont have the rights to live games.

What now? Why wouldn't RTE have the rights to show Sunderland games next year on Saturdays at 3pm, assuming they're promoted?

Cos RTE wont have the Prem next season.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Cos RTE wont have the Prem next season.

Mike.

Noooooooo. Will Setanta still have it?

• Advertisement

Yes, luckily the current NTL deal will continue so we should have a game every two weeks.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I know Chelsea and Blackburn failed to sell out their allocation for tomorrow's game, but any truth in the rumour that Watford failed to do the same? ManYoo the only side to take all of their tickets?

Suppose its understandable for small sides like Watford and Blackburn, but I though Chelsea were a force with a huge fanbase...:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United were the only club to do it.
    Watford didn't sell theirs out, cause they just don't seem to have the fans.

Chelsea didn't sell out because it's pretty expensive tickets, when you also have to travel up to Manchester, which isn't cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I know Chelsea and Blackburn failed to sell out their allocation for tomorrow's game, but any truth in the rumour that Watford failed to do the same? ManYoo the only side to take all of their tickets?

Suppose its understandable for small sides like Watford and Blackburn, but I though Chelsea were a force with a huge fanbase...:confused:

Chelsea A hugh fanbase ? Obviously not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Wigan 1 - 1 Spurs. 3:15 gone

Heskey in the first minute, Berbatov after 3.

Stekelly wrote:
    Wigan 1 - 1 Spurs. 3:15 gone

Heskey in the first minute, Berbatov after 3.
    You liar! Second minute and fourth!

Madness, wish I had sky.

You liar! Second minute and fourth!

Madness, wish I had sky.

Your a liar, 50 odd seconds is the first minute. 3:15 , yeah maybe , i'll give you 4th minute on that. :)

Either way, it 2-1 Wigan now, Baines with a cracker in the 30th min.

Spurs peno, no way Jenas had any intention of staying up especially after a heavy touch.

2-2 Keano Peno. 34th min (35th?) :) It was roughly 34:25 anyway.

Spurs are playing Roy Keane apparenly. Alan Smith " what a touch from Roy Keane" .

It's a slow news day.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

ooh, Kilbane missed a sitter there just before half time. I'd say they will well rue that miss at the rate this game is going. 'tis a good watch.

3-3 what a mad game.

Mike.

• Advertisement

3-3 super lob from Keane.

Keeper would do well to stay away from the very edge of his box in future, too far out.

Wigan 3-3 Tottenham L
    Heskey 2 Berbatov 4
    Baines 30 Keane (pen) 35
    Kilbane 60 Keane 68

lol, some teams just don't know how to keep a lead, wha?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Stekelly wrote:
    3-3 super lob from Keane.

Keeper would do well to stay away from the very edge of his box in future, too far out.
    Think you know it all about goalkeeping do you?:D

Wigan 3-3 Tottenham L
    Heskey 2 Berbatov 4
    Baines 30 Keane (pen) 35
    Kilbane 60 Keane 68

lol, some teams just don't know how to keep a lead, wha?

I'm officially complaining about the timeing of the Heskey goal. It was 54 seconds or somesuch (definately in the mid 50's). Thats the first minute in anybodies book. Wouldnt like to lose money on it anyway.

seansouth wrote:
    Think you know it all about goalkeeping do you?:D

Hey, hey.

You'll have no John Filan/Roma keeper stuff from me. I'll spend a bit of time in the 6 yard box at some stage.

Stekelly wrote:
    I'm officially complaining about the timeing of the Heskey goal. It was 54 seconds or somesuch (definately in the mid 50's). Thats the first minute in anybodies book. Wouldnt like to lose money on it anyway.
    I can't hear you, la la la!

I can't hear you, la la la!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :eek: <- thats a shout smilie now cos he has his mouth open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Spurs were shocking today. Worst defensive display I have seen all season.

Shocking defending from the entire Tottenham team today.

Ifil probably should have done better on the line with the first, Rocha strolling out for the cross that started the second move was poor, as were Chimbonda and Jenas making half-hearted attempts to close Baines. Chimbonda lost Kilbane for the 3rd, he probably had his worst game for us today, don't know whether its the knock he's still carrying or the constant booing from the Wigan fans,

Both full backs failed to close down Wigan's wide players and allowed too many crosses into the box. Neither were helped by Lennon or Tainio (at times I wasn't sure they were on the pitch). We struggled dealing with high balls all game.

Defoe looked absolutely s*it when he came on, surely he's on his way out in the Summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Blackburn vs. Chelsea in Old Trafford now.

The teams:

1522: And for Blackburn, Jason Roberts gets a rare start up front alongside Benni McCarthy. No place for Matt Derbyshire. Full team: Friedel, Emerton, Samba, Nelson, Warnock, Bentley, Dunn, Mokoena, Pedersen, Roberts, McCarthy. What do you reckon? Sparky trying to frighten the Chelsea defence with a bit of muscle in attack?

Have your say on 606
    1519: Teams are in. For Chelsea, Joe Cole is back in the starting line-up while Claude Makelele returns to his defensive midfield role. Michael Essien continues at right-back. Full team: Cech, Essien, Terry, Caravalho, A Cole, Makelele, Ballack, Lampard, J Cole, Shevchenko, Drogba.

Robbie Savage is right that this is Blackburn's cup final. Any result would be a miracle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

What station is the match on?

Great wifi network in Old Trafford...

Great wifi network in Old Trafford...

Who's in the what now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Come on Sparky!

Franky makes it look easy, 1-0 Chelsea.

• Advertisement

2-0 and game over. Ooops he missed I hear! Mind you 1-0 is game over proberly.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    2-0 and game over. Ooops he missed I hear! Mind you 1-0 is game over proberly.

Mike.

:D

I was almost on the phone to Chorus wanting to know why my broadcast was delayed so much...

Everton took lead but Charlton equalise.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Everton win 2-1 with a goal from McFadden in injury time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Shevchenko with miss of the season?

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement