Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premiership/FA Cup Football

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KdjaCL wrote:
    Shevchenko with miss of the season?

kdjac

Indeed but at least Blackburn are starting to make a game of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-1

Altho deserved that was a jammy goal :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not sure which is a grimer prospect, Man Utd v Chelsea or Rovers.

Mike.

Get in there!

And then another fantastic save by Friedel. This is turning into a tale of two keepers!

And Kdjac, I couldn't care if Blackburn get goals that richocet of three or four Chelsea players before they go in as long as they score another! :D

mike65 wrote:
    2-0 and game over. Ooops he missed I hear! Mind you 1-0 is game over proberly.

Mike.

Is it now??? :D

:o

Mike.

Since 70th minute the games gotten nasty, Blackburn were on top now trying to kill chelsea players,they gonna get punished by one of these free kicks.

Jebus Ballack just missed from a 30 yard free.

kdjac

Gamst miss of the season part 2.

Header from >.............< this much away :eek:

Great game

kdjac

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What a chance for Pederson. I thought it was in and jumped up.

Lemlin rushes back to defend Blackeye Rovers ;)

Mike.

• Advertisement

I can't believe Pedersen missed that chance....

Freidel and Nelson joint MOTM atm.

Cech also having a great game.

Extratime now and then Penos tbh :D

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Freidel and Nelson joint MOTM atm.

Cech also having a great game.

Extratime now and then Penos tbh :D

kdjac

Blackburn are muck at penos :( Missed a few in the PL this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote:
    Blackburn are muck at penos :( Missed a few in the PL this season.
    But they do have the octopus in goal!

But they do have the octopus in goal!

Friedel has to be in with a shout for 'keeper of the season. Even when Blackburn let in 4 against teams like United, he has an unbelievable game.

Lemlin wrote:
    Friedel has to be in with a shout for 'keeper of the season. Even when Blackburn let in 4 against teams like United, he has an unbelievable game.

Ben Foster tbh, you expect it from Freidel.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Aaarghhhh, you just knew it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Chelsea - United final it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Game not over yet, Chelsea looking tired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Sickening Ballack Scores Chelsea 2 blackburn 1

2-1 ballack

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Ben Foster tbh, you expect it from Freidel.

kdjac

Surely that's not reason for him to miss out.

Friedel is near the end of his career and it'd be nice to see him get it.

Chelsea win :(:(

Result most people expected, but Blackburn have done Utd and West Ham a favour by taking Chelsea to extra-time.

Result most people expected, but Blackburn have done Utd and West Ham a favour by taking Chelsea to extra-time.

Oooh look, Blackburn lost so he's decided to post again? Where did you disappear for the entire time it was 1-1 and Blackburn were all over Chelsea??

Lemlin wrote:
    Oooh look, Blackburn lost so he's decided to post again? Where did you disappear for the entire time it was 1-1 and Blackburn were all over Chelsea??

Must hurt to know you've bottled your cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Chelsea are unreal I watched them against Valencia and thought they were excellent they had to push for the win and to see them go 120 minutes today against a very fit Blackburn and win just shows how good they are.

Blackburn played well and fought hard but just lacked the quality to score another goal when they were on top.

Just seen the 1st Wigan goal,your in no position to be posibly trolling any other fans tbh.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Just seen the 1st Wigan goal,your in no position to be posibly trolling any other fans tbh.

kdjac

1st place in World's Stating the Bleedin' Obvious Awards goes to you. More complete assessment of our performance available here.

Girls!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

irish1 wrote:
    Chelsea are unreal

bit of an overstatement there... how many chances did Blackburn have? they could have won it if they were a bit better in front of goal.

• Advertisement

Well imo Chelsea could have responded with another if that was to happen, themselves and Man Utd are in a class of their own this season. Its hard to see Liverpool or Arsenal matching them next season either but we can hope.

irish1 wrote:
    Its hard to see Liverpool or Arsenal matching them next season either but we can hope.

in all fairness both teams have been fairly lucky this season. i mean last minute wins show a lot of strength mentally and physically, but there also is a fair amount of luck involved. But there are plenty of times when both Man utd and Chelsea have looked very ordinary these seasons.

Arsenal have been without Henry and RVP for a lot of the season. they only problem they have at the moment is converting chances. a bit more confidence and those two returned to the side and they could easily be pushing the top. Imagine how Chelsea would be fairing without Drogba and Lampard, their two top scorers?

Liverpool are also notoriously difficult to win against, but tbh the only reason they seem so far off the pace in the prem is that Rafa seems to place more emphasis on the Champs league than Prem. Game against City kinda sums it up. they simply coudn't have been arsed going for the win. and Pool beat Barca at the knockout stage of Champions league, something Chelsea couldn't do.

if both Pool and Arsenal get their acts together next season they could just as easy be pushing for the top. i think you are being a little unfair on them, and also hyping Utd and Chelsea up a bit much.

You make your own luck in this league and the league table doens't lie especially this late in the season, Drogba might be the one scoring the goals this season but Chelsea have quality all round as do United but Liverpool and Arsenal just seem to lack the fighting spirit to grind out results Arsenal play lovely football probably the best in the league at times but when the tough gets going and teams go at them they don't seem to be able to compete.

I'm not a Chelsea or United fan but when you score a goal in the last ten minutes of the 24 games over a season like chelsea I don't think you can call it luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

irish1 wrote:
    Its hard to see Liverpool or Arsenal matching them next season either but we can hope.

I wouldn't be so sure, I think next year will be Liverpools year.

Haha, you're hilarious. Coming from the supporter of a team who bottled their entire Premiership campaign and getting into the CL last season and two quarter finals this season. One where they were leading 3-1.

Not to mention being hammered by the youth team of their biggest rival.

But, as your pal WhiteWashMan put it to me about Blackburn, you've had your little European venture, now enjoy your return to mid-table mediocrity.

At least he's showing his true colours for once. He usually doesn't troll as blatantly as above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The Muppet wrote:
    I wouldn't be so sure, I think next year will be Liverpools year.

Not seen you posting in a while ;) and to come back with such an obvious attempt at throlling ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Not seen you posting in a while ;) and to come back with such an obvious attempt at throlling ;)

I don't know what you mean.You know I don't go in for that sort of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

and Pool beat Barca at the knockout stage of Champions league, something Chelsea couldn't do.

Didn't Chelsea knock Barca out the year before during the knockout stages? (the year pool won).

astrofool wrote:
    Didn't Chelsea knock Barca out the year before during the knockout stages? (the year pool won).

:o

Lemlin wrote:
    At least he's showing his true colours for once. He usually doesn't troll as blatantly as above.

Don't deny your true feelings for me sugar plum.

• Advertisement

Just saw the goals from Everton-Charlton, McFadden's winner for the Toffees in stoppage time was class.

Moyes has done a great job to get them back into European contention, can't see them not finishing in the top 7 now.

Don't deny your true feelings for me sugar plum.

No problem at all. I love the way you changed my name to Lemon on the other thread. It must of took some magnificent brainpower. About the same amount you use in most of your posts.

Now go back to thinking Spurs are a big club until, of course, an actual big club come in for Berbatov and he buggers off..... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

What's more impressive about Everton is that they have a decent goal difference compared to those around them

Advertisement