Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Tyres - What to get?

Options
  • 14-04-2007 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭

As some of ye remember, thanks to the wonderful roads we have in our fair land, I need a new tyre for my 02 Passat. Actually 2 new tyres I suppose.

So.. the current size/spec on them is 205/60/R/15/91/V.
    Anyone have any recommendations on what to buy, where and approximately how much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hootie

I have a '03 passat and have dunlop tyres, I bought the car with w rating tyres but down graded as I don't need to travel above 140mph. I kept the dunlops to keep all the tyres the same, avg about 140 euro each. I usually go to Fast fit in Santry but there could be cheaper people out there. I would try to keep all the tyres from the same manufacturer to maintain even tyre threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Give discount tyres in Blanchardstown a call, I couldn't fault their service and prices, not much more expensive then eiretyres.
    I got some goodyear eagle f1's from them, very good grip both wet and dry.
    Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Lots of good tires to choose from, so depends on what your priority is (grip, price, durability etc), but Id for a grippy tire. Dunlop SP9000's, Toyo Proxes, Michelin pilots, Goodyear Eagle F1's, Continental Contact sports are all good tires.

Avoid Nankang NS1's. They are a disgrace of a tire. (V bad wet grip). I am aware of tire fitters letting on that these are top notch tires. Top notch they aint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Andrewf20 wrote:
    Avoid Nankang NS1's. They are a disgrace of a tire. (V bad wet grip). I am aware of tire fitters letting on that these are top notch tires. Top notch they aint.

Totally agree, very hard rubber will last a long time but no grip in the wet.
    Dunlop sp sportmax are also a good tyre.

Neil.

Advertisement