Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who is Jacob?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

I think it's
    (as someone's already pointed out) Kris Kristofferson!!! check out 3x20
    it'll explain everything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I think it's

Looks like we are back to the drawing board with the Jacob Char in 3x20.

I think it's

Looks like we are back to the drawing board with the Jacob Char in 3x20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

I think it's
    How does it explain anything if it was him?
    Oh so Jacks dad founded Dharma, crashed the plane, made the hatch blow up, impregnated women to kill them..... No it explains nothing

People have said he looked like Christian, what if he is in fact not Christian but an ancestor. Food for thought :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭kinda lost

Maybe jacob is the captain of the blackrock.is that a possibility?:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

kinda lost wrote:
    Maybe jacob is the captain of the blackrock.is that a possibility?:confused:
    That was Magnus Hanso. It seems he's buried near the the Black Rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭kinda lost

That was Magnus Hanso. It seems he's buried near the the Black Rock.

When were we told that???:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It was on the blast door map in season 2. More about the Black Rock was also featured in the Lost Experience. Hanso also had a grandson, Alvar (mentioned in the Swan orientation video), who seems to have been the financier behind Dharma. Check out www.lostpedia.com for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Umm did other people not see the
    black cloud sitting in the chair?

• Advertisement

I know this is a double post, but i thought my post is better suited here:

I don’t agree that Jacob is Christian. I think, based on Ben’s flash backs and the whole thing where the island has healing properties that certain people do not age beyond a certain point on the island. Notice how Horrace did not seem to age a day (when he was killed) yet Ben’s father did, yet Ben himself appears to have not aged since the last flash back, which we know was quite a few years ago(based on the decay of existing Dharma infrastructure). Also Richard didn’t seem to age(he just got a shower and a shave :)). I think, based on the pic in the cabin and the clothes he is wearing in the pic that Jacob is in fact an original crew member from the Blackrock itself, possibly the captain as no normal crew member would have a pic like that on board. Also note he didn’t like technology, perhaps because it was beyond his comprehension. He asked for help, possibly indicating he is cursed somehow, caught in some kind of power that he does not understand or possibly doesn’t have full control over. Just a thought :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

logik wrote:
    yet Ben himself appears to have not aged since the last flash back, which we know was quite a few years ago(based on the decay of existing Dharma infrastructure).

Also Richard didn’t seem to age(he just got a shower and a shave :)).

what you're forgetting here is that they're actors.

its easy to make them look older, not so easy to make them look younger. Giving richard the longer hair was IMO their attempt at making him look younger. Ben they didnt really need to do anything to since it was only a few years before, i thought they just had him looking a little more fresh faced and innocent looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Umm did other people not see the
    black cloud sitting in the chair?

I watched, and re-watced, and paused and looked again and I still think it was a
    shadow

I watched, and re-watced, and paused and looked again and I still think it was a
    shadow

Have you seen the screenshots of the shadow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A shadow? I seen jacob sitting in the chair, on slow monion
    he is old and has long ish hair,
    im sure its probably been mentioned by now, but 9 pages is alot to read

Mellor wrote:
    A shadow? I seen jacob sitting in the chair, on slow monion
    he is old and has long ish hair,
    im sure its probably been mentioned by now, but 9 pages is alot to read

Yes i mean Jacob sitting in the chair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

logik wrote:
    Have you seen the screenshots of the shadow?

Ive seen the youtube clip a few times. Share the screenshots of the smoke Logik ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭animan

i think it is the guy that ben ran into in the jungle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

animan wrote:

Thats Richard seen in the present time with short black hair (even though he doesn't seem to have aged much), he also recruited Juliet and was at the camp when Ben and Locke set off so unless he got ahead of them to do some jiggerry-pokerry highly unlikely that it's him.

animan wrote:

Nah that was Richard, it is possible richard is one of the very very original Others and maybe even an ancestor of the Black Rock. I think Jacob could be Richards original leader and the Others are trying to find a way to free Jacob from whatever burden he is stuck with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement