Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT coming up

Options
  • 14-04-2007 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question for anyone who knows how the NCT works.....

Does the test stop when you fail something or will they give you a full report at the end with all failuers listed??

Reason I ask is because I've a 2003 Nissan Almera due for testing on Monday. I bought it in Feb 2006 and it had a full service then. I've only done 10,000 miles to date on it as I use a company branded vehicle mid-week. I rang Nissan and they quoted 269 EURO for a full service which a) I don't really have to spare at the moment and b) I don't think it will need a full service, hence I was thinking of just going for test and seeing what needed to be sorted( if any) afterward.

Answers and advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

They complete the test and advise you on any failing items afterwards. You get a printed report on all details, pass or fail.
    The NCT is not really a replacement for a service as they willl only give you a yes/no on all measured parameters. A service mechanic "should" inspect the car & advise you on items coming up like brake/clutch/tyre-wear.
    If you don't want to pay dealer service prices (like me!) and you car is out of its manufacturer's warranty, find a recommended local garage & have them change oil & filters, top up and/or replace fuilds & give it a good inspection for a fraction of the cost.

Advertisement