Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6300

• 14-04-2007 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭

Anyone any idea when the Nokia 6300 will be available on Irish networks? Seen it advertised on the side of buses around town...

Anyone any experience of it...? Looking for a replacement for my trusty 6230...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ScabbyLeg

I'm looking to get this too! My 6100 is on its last legs.

Or the 3110 Classic also looks respectable on the Nokia site, but I guess that won't be around for a while either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I think this will be my next upgrade aswell if O2 bring it out.

It's the most logical succession from my trusty 6230i I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Meteor have it now on bill pay...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor have had it for the last week. It's exclusive so O2, Voda or Three won't be getting it.

It's a gorgeous looking phone. Very classy and the first Nokia in a long time to make me sit up and notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 62 ✭✭Dubliniensis

chrislad wrote:
    Meteor have had it for the last week. It's exclusive so O2, Voda or Three won't be getting it.

It's a gorgeous looking phone. Very classy and the first Nokia in a long time to make me sit up and notice.

Called O2 and they said they will be getting it in May or June!

• Advertisement

Not according to my girlfriend who works there and was speaking about it with one of the head guys! He said they are trying to get it but Meteor do have exclusivity so they are not sure when, or if, they can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Meteor might have exclusivity for a month or so, but no longer.

Nokia ain't stupid

I'm sure they're not which is why Meteor more than likely paid them a premium for exclusivity.

Regardless for the near future, it's Meteor only. Had it for a week now and while the battery is just okay on it, it's a great phone. Light, compact, decent camera. Best non-Sony phone I've had in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

sorry to off topic a little, but

i'm on talk 60 with meteor, i originally signed up with them april 2005, i got an upgrade of the 6230i last may, they are telling me i have to wait till may to upgrade again.

is this right? i'd like to get the 6300 this month, the month i originally signed up in.

ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

( . )( . ) wrote:
    sorry to off topic a little, but

i'm on talk 60 with meteor, i originally signed up with them april 2005, i got an upgrade of the 6230i last may, they are telling me i have to wait till may to upgrade again.

is this right? i'd like to get the 6300 this month, the month i originally signed up in.

ta

They're correct. You signed a 12 month contract in April 2005, which could have been cancelled in April 2006. All these contracts roll over, which means it keeps going until you say stop after 12 months. You got an upgrade in May, which is a new 12 month contract, so that expires in May 2007. I'd ring 1905 and speak with a supervisor. They should be able to sort you out if it's not long to your upgrade. The stores themselves cannot approve an early upgrade for you, just Customer Care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

ok, ta chrislad ;)

Advertisement