Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose for Englerland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Didn't he say a while ago that international management is for old men, past their best? Or something to that effect.

Can't see him taking it unless there's no other high profile club looking for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I can't see it happening, but if it did, I could see him doing very well with England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Top class managers dont really go into international management as its too boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Gerrard was about to up sticks and join him, couldn't see them getting on anything but rosily in the England job, he's smart enough not to let his relationship with Lampard get in the way of his job (not that it'll happen anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Then they might actually be good !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Cant see it happening , you cant buy success at international level.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Top class managers dont really go into international management as its too boring.

I'd agree with this. Keane has recently said that he couldn't take having such short amounts of time with his players, and not having the buzz of going to the club every morning. It's an interesting point.

That said, I's expect Mourinho to move into international management in around 10 years from now. The lure of winning a World Cup / European Championship is still a pull despite the point I made above. I really don't think it will be the England job though, to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

So why the fcuk do Ireland fans expect miracles from their current manager?

FFS.

Either they attract a decent manager who can get over the boredom, or live with the shtie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

seansouth wrote:
    So why the fcuk do Ireland fans expect miracles from their current manager?

FFS.

Either they attract a decent manager who can get over the boredom, or live with the shtie.

Massive difference between top class and decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You can have decent manager, like McLaren is about 50 times better than steve.
    Ireland tried to do what others like Wales have done, appoint an ex-star player so he starts his career with them. Except instead of picking Roy Keane, we picked Steve :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mike65 wrote:
    Its looked like Jose Mourinho has been readying himself for life after Chelsea for a while now naturaly a move to somewhere like Real, Barca or Milan seemed the most likely but what about the England hot-seat?
    Mike.
    it would be sweet but i cant see it ever happening

Advertisement