Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW timing belt issue

Options
  • 14-04-2007 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭

Good friend of mine has a 2000 passat and was replacing the timing belt. He used the locks and tippex to mark the spots, except on the diesel pump where he just used the lock.

He now thinks the dielel pump is out of timing, cos the engine isnt running smoothly. Anyone got any advice or tips?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

If he used the lock bar correctly (one should also be used for the camshaft pulley) then it's most likely one of the other pulleys is out rather than the diesel pump. Best thing to do is to line up the tippex marks again and see if the lock bar will slide into place.

It's years since I've done belts on a TDI so I'm taxing the grey matter big time but this may be of more help - especially the bit on 'introducing basic settings' and 'adjusting the timing'

Best of luck..........................

Advertisement