Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro Evolution 6

• 14-04-2007 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,
    I was wondering if somebody could help me out, and outline to me the controls that are the default controls on the XBox for Pro Evo 6.

The real question I have is what are the R2 and L2 equivilants on the XBox, most importantly, how do you do a super cancel?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Xbox or Xbox 360?

I don't know about the original but the 360 is the exact same as the PS2 pad I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Super cancel is right bumper (R1) and right trigger (R2) together. I don't know what the layout on the ps2 is. They made sprint right bumper this year when it was right trigger on pro evo 5 on the original xbox. They switched the left bumper and left trigger functions as well. I just switched them right back when I got the game.

So sprint should be R1, lobbed balls should be L1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

On the XBox 360

cool,
    so just to make sure I've got this right:

L1 + High Pass = Cross into Box
    R1 = Sprint
    R1 + R2 = Super Cancel

Sounds about right, i prefer using the trigger button for sprint though. It's easier to hold down for long periods of time. You can switch the controls around however you want.

Well, I'm just trying to get used to playing it on the XBox 360,
    I'm a bit confused sorry :)

If I'm holding the controller, and I place my index finger on the cloest R button, then my middle finger on the 2nd R button, that would mean my index finger is on R1 and my middle finger is on R2.
    On the default settings, is R1 or R2 sprint?

• Advertisement

Tbh I couldn't remember what super cancel was so I just press all four shoulder buttons and it does it for me.

But yeah, the rest is correct anyway.

On the default settings R1 is sprint. I don't think it's all that different from the ps2.

great :)
    Now to get used to the analogue stick :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What do you think of the 360 version?

The cursor auto/manual setting is gone which is a pain
    It seems a tad more realistic in terms of the speed of the game
    Yet gaping holes appear in centre of defences more so and miss passes are more common

I've never played it on a 360 ya see, only on a PC, with a 360 controller.
    I should probably get some experience of it on the machine itself before the tourney :)
    I want that projecter :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

360 is the worst game ever in the series maybe beaten by ISS2 on gamecube.

Its shockingly poor its seemingly impossible to run diagonally , players have the turning circle of a train and cant seem to pass properly. Theres no fluidity to like on PC pr ps2. But its looks nice in HD replays.....

overall its a poor game and im just glad im not forced to only play it on 360.

PHB if you buy a 360, i will give you my copy of pes6 its that bad.

kdjac

ah me sees...Its not as good as the PS2 version in my opinion

Hmm, to put it bluntly, to what extent will this affect my ability to win matches :)

Is it the same **** for everyone, or have XBox players adjusted their game to work within the crappy system? I don't know many people who really like Pro Evo, and who are particuarly good at it, who play the XBox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Yeah,
    have to agree with the other lads.......terrible version of PES..
    Easily the worst so far.......had high hopes, but the 360 one is awful..
    Along with AI problems and lack of features, the 360 pad is just not good enough for PES in my opinion..

Best version is definitely the PC (high-res version of the PS2 one) with a Logitech pad IMO, and one can only hope that the next 360/PS3 version resembles the classic game we all love to play..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

KdjaCL wrote:
    360 is the worst game ever in the series maybe beaten by ISS2 on gamecube.

Its shockingly poor its seemingly impossible to run diagonally , players have the turning circle of a train and cant seem to pass properly. Theres no fluidity to like on PC pr ps2. But its looks nice in HD replays.....

overall its a poor game and im just glad im not forced to only play it on 360.

PHB if you buy a 360, i will give you my copy of pes6 its that bad.

kdjac
    I'll take it.

:p

PHB wrote:
    Hmm, to put it bluntly, to what extent will this affect my ability to win matches :)

Is it the same **** for everyone, or have XBox players adjusted their game to work within the crappy system? I don't know many people who really like Pro Evo, and who are particuarly good at it, who play the XBox.

Your ****ed :D tank top fever beat me twice, 1st game he was argentina and i was hammers he won 2-1. The amount of times he made bad passes aroound his own box and i just couldnt get my players to respond and take advantage you push diagonal and they go straight and then diagonal and then maybe straight again, by then he had it cleared.

Whereas on PC i would have been 4 up due to his sloppy play something you wont get away with on PC or ps2.

tank top reckons hes good and his stats back that up but i reckon he just got used to playing it. I have no intention of playing it again ever on 360, if you want it you can have it if not its being traded in for lost planet.

kdjac

I have no XBox you see :)
    But there's that tourney that they are running, with the first prize being a Projector, 2nd prize being a HD TV, so I kinda want to win it :P

I just have to get good enough at PES6 in general to get through the heats, which won't be too hard.
    Then I think after my exams finish on the 29th, I'll just spend 5 days in the XBox gaming center practicing, and then win the tourney on the 3rd :)

Are the problems you talked about, in terms of movement, to do with the crappiness of the controller, or to do with the system itself, cause I think i've adjusted for the crappiness of the controller.

The controller isnt bad as other games show it works and it works well, its just the game is terrible.

Its very hard to skin a player as they just bump into each other, theres no precise control in skinning its more that the other player clunks into another position that allows you by.

kdjac

This doesn't bode well for a technical player like me at all at all :/

PHB wrote:
    Is it the same **** for everyone, or have XBox players adjusted their game to work within the crappy system?

You adjust to it. I used to be terrible at it because of the way it played but you get used to the mechanics.

It still annoys the hell out of me when the computer decides to change the player your in control of just as you are about to make a slide tackle, so the new player 20 feet away does the slide tackle the player you wanted to do it does nothing, and the opposition slides a through ball in for a one-on-one with the keeper.

Some of the stuff it does is ridiculous. You aim a pass to the player beside you and it sends the ball straight past him to a player surrounded by the opposition giving away posession.

It's also harder to score on the 360 because what would be a normal shot on the PS2 goes flying over.

Oh, and obstruction means absolutely nothing in this game. You can just run into people and knock them off the ball. You don't even have to tackle yet perfectly timed tackles result in a free against you.

• Advertisement

Yeah it seems too realistic and sluggish. Definitely not as fun as the PS2 version. That switching off player slide tackle thing seems to happens a bit more on 360 version purely cas you cant select the auto/manual player select gauge thing before a match (a major let down IMO).

How does Fifa07 play on the 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Toon--soldier

PHB wrote:
    I have no XBox you see :)
    But there's that tourney that they are running, with the first prize being a Projector, 2nd prize being a HD TV, so I kinda want to win it :P

I just have to get good enough at PES6 in general to get through the heats, which won't be too hard.
    Then I think after my exams finish on the 29th, I'll just spend 5 days in the XBox gaming center practicing, and then win the tourney on the 3rd :)

Are the problems you talked about, in terms of movement, to do with the crappiness of the controller, or to do with the system itself, cause I think i've adjusted for the crappiness of the controller.

When and where is that on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Trilla wrote:
    Yeah it seems too realistic and sluggish. Definitely not as fun as the PS2 version. That switching off player slide tackle thing seems to happens a bit more on 360 version purely cas you cant select the auto/manual player select gauge thing before a match (a major let down IMO).

How does Fifa07 play on the 360?
    Just go to "Stystem Settings" and you can chance it to Manual.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

There's no doubting the ps2 version is superior, but I've found persisting with the xbox version has made me fuppin great at the ps2 one, it's like when you play it on the ps2 the shackles have been removed and you can play great stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

still though, I look forward to taking you on on ps2 kdjac, it's time I shut you up once and for all :p

Just go to "Stystem Settings" and you can chance it to Manual.

thanks for that, game is way better now at setting 1

Advertisement