Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logo Request

Options
  • 14-04-2007 4:03pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Wondering can anybody put together a logo for an A4 advertisement im putting up. Im starting to do some work at home to make some badly needed money until college finishes. The work is basicaly computer stuff - advise, repair, upgrades, consultation, spyware/virus removal, ISP advise, networks etc. Im thinking of calling myself "OSolutions" - stands for OSullivan Solutions.

Can anybody put together some sort of logo for me? The one for advertisement should be not to big - as its spanning across most of the page (width wise).

Cheers for the help lads, appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by logo but I went ahead and knocked this up . I think there is room for improvement if the concept appeals to you and I have the original psd fill so anything is possible.

osulkz1.jpg

Or where you thinking of something completely different , don't be afraid to say so because I'm more than happy to make something else altogether

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi,

Im just after getting my template, so an image would need to match the following size requirements for it; 700*100. While I like the use of computer images, im not to fond of the font or background! Sorry! (Template Preview: http://www.zymic.com/template_preview.php?id=122&cat_id=1)

Im not even to sure about the name, but I cant think of anything else for it right now.

As for my advertisement, im working of publisher here so a similar style image with size 500*95 I think might do it.

Thanks in advance for your help with this :)

As much as I would like to continue to help out I won't be able to get anything done until Monday evening because I have my Leaving Cert oral and really can't sacrifice much time but if you aren't finished by then I can chip back in . Feel free to allow anyone else to copy any of the aspects you like about the above piece or whatever but I am afraid I just won't be able to this weekend, Sorry.

C_E

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

No problem - im not in that much of a hurry. It will take me a few days to complete it, and iv college work on my list of work aswel.

Good luck on Monday :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I was thinking about this and I came up with something simple:
    S.O'S. Solutions by O'Sullivan...

• Advertisement

Very nice. I like that. Im open to more suggestions before I make the final decision.

Very good - thanks :)

Well anyway thank god all that malarky is over and I hope I did well enough , but thats a whole other kettle of fish.

Anyway the best way I think of doing this is bit by bit so what about something like this as a base? (going with the 700*100 idea here)

untitled1gi1.jpg

If you have any suggestions at this stage it will be much better to build it from the ground up and if you hang about it may get done soon enough.(if imageshack and boards perk up a wee bit :rolleyes: )

Are you taken with the SOS idea or any particular slogan at the minute and what sort of font (suggest anything , I have lots) and size or colour in mind?

I think ill go with the name "IT Solutions" to be fair on my partner who isnt an OSullivan! As for slogan.. im thinking "The IT People"

Like the base, but as for fonts and stuff - im in no way design orientated and have no good taste at anything arty. So I normaly leave it up to the designer to put some stuff together. ;) Awkward, I know, but im useless with graphic and art stuff!

Okay With a bit of moving around i arrived at this
    newtysg7.jpg

I know the image along the top repeat alot but if the idea sticks then i can fix that (same for the edges of the sign). The problem is that if to much detail is put on the main text it makes the whole thing look cluttered and naff.

Thats perfect! Thats exactly what I will go with. :) Cheers dude.

What course you planning on doing, computer / multemedia I take it? Very talented!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Hi,

I thought I'd give this a shot as at the moment I'm doing a lot of logos for college so it's good practice. So here are two I've done.

Site Header
    Header.jpg

Logo for print
    Logo.jpg

Hope you like.

Hey Shrimp,

Cheers for putting in an effort, but ill be taking Citizen_Erased work as he has followed me through since posting and has been very helpful :)

Love the job you done, and ill keep them on file - I often change the logos on my site every once in a while. So ill switch to yours after. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

No problem.

Thanks though. :) Good luck with what your doing in your college course, with work like that - your bound to get far :)

Don't feel pressured to take mine for whatever reason (I didn't seem to be struck with any great inspiration on this one) , If you like shrimps more thats your decision entirely. Hang on one mo and I'll post up one with a fixed sign...

Btw I have engineering down in Queens and I'm set on that. I love photoshopping but its more of a hobby , I don' think I'd have what it takes to be able to take it to the next level as a career like Shrimp is.

{EDIT} Here it is with a few mods and add ons and a bit of a fix on the sign. Just use the other image from the above posts if the changes don't appeal to you , they may be a bit too much.
    osulitrc5.jpg

Great work :) Ill be getting back in touch with sizes for my advertisement stuff, but I need to sort that out later as college is keeping me busy!

I dont see why you dont take up a Multemedia Course, but if your set on engineering - then I wont annoy ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Hey Sully would it be to cheeky to ask if you do come up with a solution based on input that an incentive might be offered, like the chosen solution will get a free total computer consultation and fix ie: the chosen design if any, gets a free computer consultation and workover and advice for one day.

I personally would love this and I suspect many others would to. I think the advice and logos you have got so far is great, and worthy of reward in that sense if your up for it, might make it more interesting and productive, that is if it is acceptable on the boards of course.

Good luck, I think it is great to see some incentive like yours and hope the biz and college works out well.

Hi Deliverance,

Thanks for your suggestions. Im in love with CEs logo and he has been very helpful and friendly since I posted here. Shrimp made an effort to offer an alternative, but CE already had me won over :P Anybody who makes an effort I appreciate - as they used their free time to offer me some design related material that I might use. Plus, I always keep those peoples contact info so I can contact them if I need some work done. :)

So, thats the logo picked for the site. I was going to use the same one (re-sized) for advertisements. Site design is already picked. The rest is just content and deciding exactly what we are going to offer and where. Iv a few more people on board with more plans, and we have lots to do before going public.

CE and Shrimp offered material before I decided, and both can come to me at anytime for any assistance - and ill be able to sort them out. Im a decent bloke. Someone helps me out, ill do the same for them. I cant offer anything now, as our final plan hasnt been decided for the company. My plan was to contact them when it was done and we were running, and let them know if they need anything to get in touch :)

Im not to sure how I can implement your suggestion anywhere else, but if you want to expand further - I will take it into consideration. :)

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Sully wrote:
    Hi Deliverance,

Thanks for your suggestions. Im in love with CEs logo and he has been very helpful and friendly since I posted here. Shrimp made an effort to offer an alternative, but CE already had me won over :P Anybody who makes an effort I appreciate - as they used their free time to offer me some design related material that I might use. Plus, I always keep those peoples contact info so I can contact them if I need some work done. :)

So, thats the logo picked for the site. I was going to use the same one (re-sized) for advertisements. Site design is already picked. The rest is just content and deciding exactly what we are going to offer and where. Iv a few more people on board with more plans, and we have lots to do before going public.

CE and Shrimp offered material before I decided, and both can come to me at anytime for any assistance - and ill be able to sort them out. Im a decent bloke. Someone helps me out, ill do the same for them. I cant offer anything now, as our final plan hasnt been decided for the company. My plan was to contact them when it was done and we were running, and let them know if they need anything to get in touch :)

Im not to sure how I can implement your suggestion anywhere else, but if you want to expand further - I will take it into consideration. :)

Thanks!
    Sounds like things are going well, best of luck.

Thanks. If you have any suggestions about integrating here within boards (advertising is to expensive here though) or about incentives somehow - let me know via PM as this isnt the right forum to discuss it :)

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement