Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Callwave SMS: Google/Vista Gadget for free texts online.

• 14-04-2007 4:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

I posted a while ago about Gizmo SMS, a free way to send texts online. Its still not working but while browsing the gizmo forums I came across this free google gadget for sending international/local SMS texts online.
    It appends your texts with (callwave.com/sms) but I can live with that. Tested it will all Irish networks and it seems to work fine. Haven't had any replies from international texts yet but it seems a lot more robust than gizmo SMS at least for the time being. As its a USA based company, it limits you to five international (read anywhere outside USA) texts per day in current beta, but its handy to have on google homepage for firing off the odd text, and unlimited texts within USA and Canada means its better for us to send texts to USA.

Get the widget here:
    http://www.callwave.com/sms/sms.asp?src=SY&ver=1.4&os=windows

faq here:
    http://www.callwave.com/sms/mainfaq.asp#cost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

Being using it too,in a mac widget too,its on the widgets page on the apple site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Yes, it's the number one Mac Widget. It was better in the earlier days when the SMS sent did come up as +3538xxx (or whatever you set it as) and was really unlimited, unless you fired several of in a furious burst -as is my wont-and then got blocked. After they updated it to read callwave as the sender, they limited the numer of SMS you could send per diem. However, it's pretty handy when you can't be arsed waiting for O2 Ireland to let you log on....!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

culabula wrote:
    It was better in the earlier days when the SMS sent did come up as +3538xxx (or whatever you set it as) and was really unlimited, unless you fired several of in a furious burst -as is my wont-and then got blocked. After they updated it to read callwave as the sender, they limited the numer of SMS you could send per diem.

It doesn't read callwave as the sender here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Has it changed again? Sent one to my 3 Ireland there and it came up as though from my Vodafone, just like it used to. In the body of the message it reads TEST (Callwave.com/sms) where TEST was my doing.

Happy days!

Advertisement