Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disgrace

Options
  • 14-04-2007 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

This game is an absolute disgrace online, nothing done about blatant cheaters, e.g pausing letting the time run out the BAM the game freezes, using their internet to slow you down whilst your attacking etc etc, there should be banning introduced into pro 7 (if i purchase it) cheaters to be banned etc

DISGRACE

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Play with your group and group only, if playing on 360 get a proper version.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i left the online game a while cos it was kind of annoyin , waste of time and you wont even enjoy the game.
    best thing to do is play as kdj says with the group, where the fair play rules :) .
    or else just play the master league on ur own, i found that to be the best bit of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That's why I've never agreed with a Konami run ranking system.
    Just have an open server with no records, and let the community police itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Ive given up online. I cant stand the no lag for one half, lag for the other method they have. Master league is the only way

I dont get lag ever but i only play irish people and sofaking in london.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I don't understand why konami have not released code for people to run dedicated servers.

Wouldnt help, people are retards the amount of japanese players tryig to play UK pllayers and wondering why it lags :confused:

Play local as with an Ip to IP game with a very fast moving game you cant extend to playing regionally far.

I call it common sense others call it a disgrace :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yes but you would have to stick to people you know. Otherwise it's too easy for them to slow down their internet when it's their turn to host.

tuxy wrote:
    Yes but you would have to stick to people you know. Otherwise it's too easy for them to slow down their internet when it's their turn to host.

Boards group has 16 members and altho some not online much games can be got tru here.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

KdjaCL wrote:
    I dont get lag ever but i only play irish people and sofaking in london.

kdjac
    Hey! And don't forget auld Bernsy up there near the North Pole :p

I have a half-decent 8Mb/s service here in London - so playing ppl from back home & in France is manageable.

OP, like other posters have said above, stick to a group and stick to your region (if your opponent is speaking in some other language, that should set your alarm bells off :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i have regularly played, berns, hill16, kdjac

i rarely get lag between these group players, me and berns had issue's recently connecting but i found my brother had left his laptop downloadin stuff, so problem solved.

but the best thing to do it go into rooms until you find a 3 or 2 bar opponent

if they cheat, there's nothing you can do, remember that the half you tip off in is hosted by you, therefore they cant lag you, play strong then and defend as best you can during lag, if you get any lag, leave the game when its over and maybe keep a notebook of lag players to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well I'm sticking mostly to player matches now. Just played some spa. Beat him 1-0 in the first match. In the rematch he was winning 2-0 but for goals made me watch his full length celebrations and 3 replays of the goal followed by him rewinding and forwarding the ball going into the net over and over. Gobsh*te. I just quite the second time he did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I used to play pc but left because lag was just a nightmare. On the 360, I never get lag now. Never.

cheesedude wrote:
    I used to play pc but left because lag was just a nightmare. On the 360, I never get lag now. Never.

But its ****e ?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think it's brilliant...i used to hate it when I first got the 360 but I got used to the controls in no time...it's all about adjusting...I was so stubborn I kept saying it was **** just because I was ****...but then i practiced and got used to the controls and now really like it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Irishchat

on ps2 i never have lag in games but in comps its full of cheatin b**tards. one match i goes im reportn you and the fellaw left the match haha was funny

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

What server do all you guys play on, I've been venturing online a bit lately, got a few very laggy matches, not sure if its me or the other guy though. I wouldn't mind having a more local game to see what thats like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

what you have to remember is that not all laggy matches are cheating people

they legitimitly could have a poor connection, could have someone else on another pc downloading something, its a combination of things that could be against someone, even living in france or germany or further away can cause lag

so lets not be like the english on pro evo jumping at people accusing them of cheating, its not cheating all the time, and i hate when i get an arrogant prick talking to me like im the one cheating when its things beyond our control

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

^Yeh, good point regarding things out of ppls control. As in i think one of the main causes of lag is possibly users getting out-of-sync with each other.

So for example one player has a 2Mb/s service and the opponent might have an 8Mb/s service. And just the sheer difference in speed causes out-of-sync issues. I wouldn't blame the player with the slower 2Mb/s speed as its fine for playing other others in my experience *shrugs*

So next time you see an opponent with only one connection bar, it doesn't necessarily mean he has a slow broadband service - he may have a serivce 10 times faster than your own and its the difference between the two of ye that comes up as a '1 bar connection' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

same here On the 360, I never get any lag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I've only ever gotten lag on the 360 when I play French people.

Advertisement