Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash 8 - Alpha question

Options
  • 14-04-2007 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Probably a stupid question, but I'm building a flash animation and I want to 'fade out' images over each other - simple huh?!

I'm not used to Flash 8 - just got it. Before in previous versions I imported a graphic into flash - on it's own layer - converted to symbol - added keyframes along the timeline and reduced the alpha properties to zero on stages where I needed the image to 'disappear' for what of a better phrase!

I'm redicing alpha properties in the colour mixer tab but the image doesn't beome transparent?!

I'm probably missing something simple...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Here's an example file for you Sticker. If you want a guide let me know and I'll write one up tomorrow. I'm in a bit of a rush so just did this up instead of a guide :)

Linky

Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

kjt wrote:
    Here's an example file for you Sticker. If you want a guide let me know and I'll write one up tomorrow. I'm in a bit of a rush so just did this up instead of a guide :)

Linky

Hope it helps!

That was quick Kjt! I just went out for a quick walk and there's a reply! many thanks - I'll have a look and post back

Cheers ;)

No probs, you should be able to see how it works. I have a feeling you were forgetting to put a motion tween between the fade?

GOT IT! your sample helped - ta!

But it wasn't the lack of a motion tween, I wasn't saving symbols as movie files - just images.

I'm still a little confused though...

When I click on a movie clip symbol (ie a physical pic in the workarea) The properties window at the bottom then gives me an alpha option to use...

But, I can't click on a keyframe in the timeline and get this field or property window - ie How can I change alpha properties of symbols I can't physically click on (because they're buried under other parts of the animation...?)

In the older version of Flash, you could right click on a keyframe and adjust it's aplha / morph / resize properties from there...! I don't see any option in the right click menu to do with this with Flash 8.

Double post !

• Advertisement

Hummm I half think I understand you....

Make sure everything's not on the same layer?
    If you want you can email it over to me and I'll have a look at it for ya.

EDIT: If you've got two tweens, the one fading in will usually have to be above the layer that's fading out.

kjt wrote:
    Hummm I half think I understand you....

Make sure everything's not on the same layer?
    If you want you can email it over to me and I'll have a look at it for ya.

EDIT: If you've got two tweens, the one fading in will usually have to be above the layer that's fading out.

Sorry, probably didn't explain it well... I figured it out anyway!

Thanks for your help Kjt with first problem - much appreciated mate!

Ahh no problemo buddy. If you have any more problems post them up or even pm me :)

Advertisement