Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

gareth southgate

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

He wants rid of relegation? He needs to get into the real world :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

What drugs do he take?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

he will probably get the england job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

i think relegation makes the league exciting in the lower half. If there wasn't the fight to avoid the drop the bottom half of the league would be so unbelievably dull as there would be nothing to play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

With all due respect he is a crap manager is well. He was saying how is team were distracted the game before the United replay in the FA cup and he was using it as an excuse. Its his job to motivate them for each and every game otherwise he may as well sit at hom ring in and say "Yeah put that fat Aussie guy up front today"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

while i'm in agreement that Southgate is a crap manager, i can see the point he is making, that so many teams live in fear of relegation, that the quality of football served up, by the likes of my team Everton, Watford, Sheff. Utd., is so negative and unattractive .. i think only 2 teams should go down , like it used to be .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

thebaz wrote:
    while i'm in agreement that Southgate is a crap manager, i can see the point he is making,

But then what happens when by Christmas half the league has no prospec tof winning the league, then shortly after the bottom half cant even qualify for Europe. It makes for an awfull lot of meaningless games plus the option of teams giving points away easy to teams that need them , that they might be favourable towards.

Plus, what have the rest of the teams in the football league to play for? They can never get into Europe, never win the PL and there fore never become a top team.

As for only 2 teams going down, its much of a muchness really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

He's talking ****e tbh. The relegation battle's often more interesting that the actual race for the title. Like, nearly every year it's down to the last day of the season to see who gets the drop leaving some great drama on the last day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,560 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

stauntonesque comments imo

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

strangley when he was a Villa player (and captain) i never really liked him, much prefered Ugo Ehiogu and thought he should have been in the England squad ahead of him. I dont think he should have been appointed at Middelsborough and only was because their chairman will only appoint Englishmen. I dont think think he should have been given special dispensation to be an unqualified premiership manager, and i think these comments are incredibly stupid and areunbecoming of a top flight manager.

yet the media strangley havent turned on him as they usually do with managers so maybe im being extremely harsh on him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement