Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Patrick Street Demolition

Options
  • 14-04-2007 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I was in Dunnes Stores, Patrick Street today and they are dismantling the place before our very eyes. Plenty of the shelves empty and shleving being taken down and stacked up.
    I believe next Thursday is the last day. The company have permission to close off Bowling Green Street and Robert (?) Street on either side of that block from this month onwards. The whole block will be demolished, save for the protected facades facing onto pana.
    They have permission for a much bigger Dunnes on site. This is the site of the very first Dunnes Strores.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

I hope they don't "accidently" knock the facade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

It's all change, hah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Ah crap I used to buy diet fizz up there because it was so cheap. Now I can't save money until they open it again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Rozie wrote:
    Ah crap I used to buy diet fizz up there because it was so cheap. Now I can't save money until they open it again :(

Try the North Main St one maybe.

Advertisement