Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falsly Accused?

Options
  • 14-04-2007 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭

The woes of Dog ownership, I have had a neighbour complaining to me in the last few minutes about the two dogs that I have (Boxers) saying that they are doing their business in her garden and that children play in her garden.

However the two dogs have not been outside the front door off the lead unsupervised in quite a while so it could not have been either of them. She did say to me that "It has to be your dogs they are the only ones running around off the lead here" and "I saw you running around trying to catch them at 6am". I tried explaining politely to her that

A) The neighbour on the other side allows his dog to run free
    B) that I havent been up before 8am in a few weeks
    C) that the dogs have not been out the front door off the lead in several days.

She tried to counter C saying that "thats not fresh it dosent stick to my shoe like that if its not fresh"

How do you counter something like that short of having a TV camera trained on the dogs 24/7! Those of you that have boxers will know how impossible that this is!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Simply ask her if she ever saw your dogs doing it. She's already admitted that she hasnt, then tell her to f*** off making assumptions.

Having said that people like her can cause you major hassle with the gardai/authorties

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Ring Lisney's..... don't see a happy ending to this one:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

boomer_ie wrote:
    C) that the dogs have not been out the front door off the lead in several days.

While I accept that you are being wrongly accused, with the above statement it's obvious that your dogs have been out unsupervised before. If your dogs were always under control ( I admit that sometimes they can get out by accident ) your neighbour would have no reason to believe they were the culprits.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

While I accept that you know it wasnt your dogs, under these circumstances I would just say to her that you still dont think it was your dogs but to avoid confusion in future you will ensure they are not allowed to roam free around your estate. Fair enough dogs get out from time to time by accident but Im not a fan of people who open their front door and let the dog 'walk himself' even if its only for a few mins. I dont know if you fall into this category but if you do I would put an end to it now. Falling out with your neighbours is a biggie in my book as you have to see these people almost every day so I would do my best in this instance to keep the peace!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭boomer_ie

When they were let out the front they were supervised by two groups of people, me and the kids they were playing with, however I put an stop to this because the dogs are, being boxers, boisterous and I was worried that I would be held liable should someone get hurt.

Of course when they were out the front and they did do their business it was picked up by me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

I have the same problem with people I have three dogs two huskies and a boxer. they never get out from my house, which has six foot fences. if they are going to the car they are on leads. but the people around look at them and have complianed to the dog warden the the have fowled on the grounds.

A good one to say to her is about the size. If your boxers are like my boxer the don,t leave little parcels. My girl leaves a small hill.:D :D

andrawolf wrote:
    A good one to say to her is about the size. If your boxers are like my boxer the don,t leave little parcels. My girl leaves a small hill.:D :D

My little one is leaving whole RANGES of them hills, not to mention the lakes with them!

In the house :mad: she just will NOT do it outside :(

House training is a hard slog....

Brb getting the mop....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

try getting them into a routine like a baby. if you work get up and give a small feed and water. then get ready to go but before give them outside time. then lift any food and water. when you come back first thing feed rest of food and put down the water. let out when u are at home ever hour. then lift all food and water an hour before bed. when they get used she my stop leaving puddles.:o :o

andrawolf wrote:
    try getting them into a routine like a baby. if you work get up and give a small feed and water. then get ready to go but before give them outside time. then lift any food and water. when you come back first thing feed rest of food and put down the water. let out when u are at home ever hour. then lift all food and water an hour before bed. when they get used she my stop leaving puddles.:o :o

The real surprising thing is she lasts the night!!!

Its the daytime thats the problem :S

Im doing the plenty of praise when shes outside and does it and ignore her inside, yet u can see her just staring at me while shes doing it....

So she KNOWS shes doing wrong the cheeky git

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

My heart goes out to you on the whole house training thing. We had the same problem up until our boxer was over a year old. It took that long!!! I've gone through that many mop heads in the last year that I have shares in the company.

A routine helps but really every dog is different and they, like children, will potty train when they are good and ready.... and not before

Our boxer now only has rare accidents Woo Hoo!

• Advertisement
Advertisement