Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda/Ambulance/Fire sirens on Dunmore Road Saturday evening

• 14-04-2007 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

I've heard nothing but emergency service sirens for the past half hour (since about 6 p.m. Saturday) going in and out the Dunmore Road at Grantstown.

Anyone got any ideas what happened?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I am surprised there is no one with a scanner around listening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Check WLR at 7 pm.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

is the dunmore road not on the way to waterford regional?? the ambulances could just be busy and using sirens to get through trafic, or else there could have been an acident??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I heard them as well, there seemed to be lots of them, I've no idea what's happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

timmywex wrote:
    is the dunmore road not on the way to waterford regional?? the ambulances could just be busy and using sirens to get through trafic, or else there could have been an acident??

You're right - it is, but where I'm living is about a mile out beyond the hospital. There are always ambulances on the Dunmore Road further in towards town, and on the Outer Ring Road (which ends at the hospital).

You hear the odd one out this way, sure, but this was a burst of activity that continued on for about half an hour. That's why I posted it - it sounded fairly heavy. Let's hope nobody's in too bad a shape, whatever happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I live in Viewmount Park, opposite the hospital but happened to be in Ardkeen shopping centre when all this was happening. There was a lot more activity than normal. Just hope it's not too serious.

Advertisement